50 years ago today, gas explosion killed 7, leaving Tucson in shock TUCSON CITIZEN FILE PHOTO 1963 Mar 29, 2013 Rescue workers struggle to dig out Supreme Cleaners co-owner Harris Salonic, who told officials before he died that he was in the fur vault when he flipped a light switch that threw a spark and ignited the blast. TUCSON CITIZEN FILE PHOTO 1963 Tags Supreme Cleaners Explosion Tucson Fire Department 50th Anniversary Tucson History As featured on +3 50 years ago today, gas explosion killed 7, leaving Tucson in shock A flip of a switch, the flash of a spark and moments later a 12,300-square-foot building was… Recommended More LATEST LOCAL OFFERS Angelica's Wedding & Event Center Planning an Anniversary Party? Check Out Angelica’s Wedding & Event Center Mike's Drilling LLC Well Maintenance Tips - from Mike's Drilling - proudly serving Tucson and surrounding areas JD's Auto Glass Windshield chipped? Let JD's Auto Glass help you out, we will even handle the insurance claim. Call us today!