Editor's note: The following is from the Green family, whose daughter, Christina-Taylor, died in the Jan. 8 shooting that killed six people and wounded 13 more.
To Our Tucson Community:
Our deepest gratitude goes out to the entire Tucson community for the support that has been shown to us in our time of sorrow at the passing of our little girl Christina-Taylor Green. She embodied everything that is good about our Tucson community and our country as a whole. The words, deeds, donations and support are not only a comfort, but a source of strength for us in this difficult time. Among all of the supporters we would especially like to thank:
• The Pima County Sheriff's Department for their amazing diligence ensuring not only our safety but also our privacy.
• The Diocese of Tucson, especially Bishop Kicanas, Father Troutman and Father Lombardo, who helped guide us through the difficult process of saying goodbye to sweet Christina-Taylor.
• Bring's Funeral Chapel, there are not words to express our gratitude for the gentle and compassionate way you supported us.
• Northwest Fire Department for the ladder trucks that raised the 9/11 flag.
• The many restaurants that provided the wonderful food throughout the week at our house, St. Odilia and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic churches.
• The many friends who did whatever needed to be done - from providing rental cars to organizing receptions.
• The students, staff and parents of Mesa Verde Elementary School, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School, San Miguel and Salpointe Catholic high schools.
• The limousine services that graciously provided transportation for our family and friends.
• The entire Tucson community, who stood, and remain standing, by us and all the other victims of this tragic event.
We know that in our attempt to thank those whose thoughts and prayers have helped carry us through this incredibly difficult time we may have missed someone. We also know that there are many who did little things that we will never know about.
All we can say is thank you, and we are deeply moved and proud to be part of this community.
With heartfelt thanks,
John, Roxanna and Dallas Green