Earlier this month I was putting extra recycle and trash into the barrels at the end of my driveway when a young rattlesnake, which did not rattle and that I did not see, bit me twice.

From the moment I dialed 911, the emergency system worked perfectly. From the emergency operator to the Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center to Rural Metro to the trauma center and all the other personnel at Banner University Medical Center, I was treated promptly, kindly and with the upmost professionalism.

Because I got the anti-venom so quickly, I have had a very good recovery. I am so grateful to everyone involved. Tucson and Pima County can be proud of such outstanding professionals.

I learned two things: complacency is dangerous and call 911 IMMEDIATELY. Any delay can result in greater damage from the venom.

Katherine Shindel

Foothills

Tags

Outbrain