If you’re looking for variations of comfort food, Cheddar’s Casual Café will soon be open in El Con Mall. And, if you’re not into calorie counting, its menu appears to have plentiful guilty pleasures to choose from.
The Arlington, Texas-based restaurant chain opened in 1979 and today has locations across the country, including Chandler.
The company took out a $2 million building permit for the 8,000-square-foot restaurant at 3455 E. Broadway.
The contractor is Venture Construction Co. and the business is expected to open early next year.
Other midtown projects under way include:
- A multi-service
- for the state’s Department of Economic Security is under construction near 22nd Street and Alvernon Way. Sun State Builders is constructing the 97,085-square-foot facility, which has a $1.4 million building permit.
- Sorting out fender-benders will be done from a new 18,525-square-foot space at 1305 S.
- Way. A $2.1 million permit was issued for a Progressive Regional Claims Center that is being built by AR Mays Construction.
And, on the southeast side of town:
- As the flow of trade continues to grow, so will the need for a service
- to keep those
- rolling. Metro Ted is constructing a $4.2 million, 48,000-square-foot sales and service facility for freight trucks near Interstate 10 and Craycroft Road.