PHOENIX — A man convicted of killing nine people, including six monks, during a robbery at a Buddhist temple in metro Phoenix was sentenced Friday to 249 years in prison, marking the end of one of the most notorious criminal cases in Arizona over the past 25 years.
Johnathan A. Doody was fo…
A federal appeals court blocked next week's scheduled execution of an Arizona death-row inmate who was convicted of killing a Bisbee man nearly 35 years ago.
• Kevin Black, nominated for a Mac Award, Dec. 30 on E6, for his work in Invisible Theatre's production of "Mesa," should have been recognized for giving the sometimes flat and unlikable character he played a depth and arc that served the play well.
• The Catalina Foothills School District will hold classes Monday. "What's Closed on Veterans Day," Friday on A13, had incorrect information.
Tickets for the Oct. 13 Master Gardener Garden Tour are $10, or $30 for four tickets. The price was incorrect in "Three upcoming tours focus on gardening" on Page E9 of Sunday's Star.
• The amount reported for a donation to Desert Sky Community School for its new campus was incorrectly reported in the April 30 edition of Education Notes on A8. The donation to the school was $250,000.
• The 2012 Country Megaticket is not a New Year's Eve concert, as stated on Page 27 of Thursday's Caliente. It is a series of four concerts featuring top-name country artists that fans can see for one price - starting at $79. Sugarland with Canaan Smith and Lauren Alaina, May 26; Jason Aldea…
Former KVOA anchor Martha Vazquez's name was misspelled Thursday in a Law & Order brief that ran on A6.
• "Kids find things pop to mind at museum's 'Bubblepalooza,' "
Tuesday on A2, listed incorrect hours for the Children's Museum
Tucson. The museum's hours are 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Mondays, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesdays-Fridays and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays through Labor
• "Oro Valley hotel is down but not out, developers insist" on
D1 Sunday misstated the location of Homewood Suites. It is on the
east side of North Oracle Road near East Linda Vista Boulevard.
• An editorial Nov. 15, "Teacher bonuses a bad proposal," on
Page A10 should have said that effectiveness and other
accountability measures, not length of service and higher education
credits, primarily determine which Flagstaff Unified School
District teachers receive $2.3 million in career…