His game-winning goal with 3:31 left in the third period made Boston's Daniel Paille feel like dancing Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.
NEW YORK - It took 40 years for Original Six rivals Boston and New York to face off again in the playoffs.
Mitch Anhoury had never beaten Tucson High School.
• Mets pitcher R.A. Dickey was named Thursday as the winner of the 2012 Branch Rickey Award in recognition of his work distributing baseball equipment and medical supplies in Central and South America. Created by the Rotary Club of Denver, the Branch Rickey Award honors individuals in baseba…
• Rangers 5, Royals 4, 10 innings: In Kansas City, Mo., Ian Kinsler hit a leadoff triple in the 10th inning and scored on Michael Young's single to lift Texas.
• Angels 5, Athletics 0: In Oakland, C.J. Wilson and Ernesto Frieri combined for a one-hitter. Albert Pujols homered for the third time in seven days, and Mark Trumbo and Howie Kendrick had RBI singles for the Angels.
GLENDALE - The Phoenix Coyotes' unexpected postseason success can be attributed to a lot of factors, beginning with the play of goalie Mike Smith.
Two days after turning 40, Devils goalie Martin Brodeur made 27 saves to help eliminate the Flyers.
PHILADELPHIA - Martin Brodeur missed all the postseason fun a year ago. One of the game's all-time greats, the veteran goaltender considered retirement and the New Jersey Devils were absent from the playoffs for the first time since 1996.
Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom tries to get the puck past New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist during the third period Saturday in Washington. Backstrom scored in the second period.
WASHINGTON - Back a few seasons ago, when Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Mike Green were helping the Washington Capitals finally start to emerge from years of rebuilding with a go-go, attacking style, the team promoted its high-scoring core group with the slogan "Young Guns."
WASHINGTON - Henrik Lundqvist had just spent the better part of 4 1/2 hours repelling pucks and shooing skaters from the crease in the pressure-packed situation known as the Stanley Cup playoffs.
• Yankees 7, Tigers 6: In New York, Derek Jeter scored on a passed ball with one out in the ninth inning, and New York handed Detroit its fifth straight loss.
MIAMI - A year ago, April was Joe Saunders' worst month. It's a safe bet that won't be the case this season.
• Moose Skowron, a five-time World Series champion and one of only two players to hit three home runs in World Series Game 7s, died Friday of congestive heart failure at Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, Ill. He was 81. Skowron helped the New York Yankees win four titles in …
Yu Darvish allowed two hits and one run in 6 1/3 innings, his longest start of the season for the Rangers.
DETROIT - Ever since that rocky first inning in his major league debut, Yu Darvish has been as good as advertised.
Boston left wing Brian Rolston, top left, celebrates his goal with teammates Dennis Seidenberg, Zdeno Chara and Chris Kelly in the third period. The Bruins beat Washington 4-3.