The Cochise County Sheriff's Office is investigating the March 27 shooting death of rancher Robert Krentz. It's getting some help:
• The U.S. Attorney's Office in Arizona is going back through its active cases from the area where the killing occurred and interviewing suspects in hopes of unearthing useful information, said Dennis Burke, U.S. attorney in Arizona.
• Burke met with his counterpart in Mexico this week to set the groundwork for extradition if authorities find the shooter across the border.
• Immigration and Customs Enforcement has dedicated several agents full time to assist Cochise County, and has additional agents on standby if needed.
• Homeland Security has put up a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and federal prosecution of the shooter.
• The Arizona Cattlemen's Association is offering a $15,000 reward.