Commissioner Alan Bersin said that, since its launch in September 2009, the alliance has:
• Made 270,000 apprehensions of illegal border crossers between the ports of entry.
• Turned away 14,000 people at the ports of entry who were determined to be ineligible.
• Seized 1.6 million pounds of marijuana.
• Seized 3,800 pounds of cocaine.
• Seized 1,000 pounds of methamphetamine.
• Seized $13 million in illegal cash going south into Mexico.
Did you know
Alan Bersin was appointed U.S. Customs and Border Protection commissioner by President Obama on March 27, 2010.