In this year leading up to Arizona's centennial, Feb. 14, 2012, we'll reprint a story or excerpts each day from the Arizona Daily Star or Tucson Citizen archives.

Nov. 17, 1912

Selim M. Franklin has completed arrangements for the erection of a brick building on his lot on East Congress Street between Sixth and Fifth avenues, and adjoining the Pioneer Fish Market. The building will be of pressed brick, having a frontage of sixty-six feet and will be divided into three stores, each store to have a basement. The work of construction is under charge of Mr. D. S. Cochran.

The building will be completed by the first of January. One of the stores will be occupied by a quick order and restaurant business, which will be opened by Mr. Bloom of Chicago.

- Arizona Daily Star

The Sundt Cos., O'Rielly Chevrolet, Research Corp. for Science Advancement, the University of Arizona, Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., Rosemont Copper, Tucson Realty & Trust. Co., Jack Furrier Tire & Auto Care, Walgreens and Carondelet Health Network are sponsors of the Star's Arizona Centennial project.