Jahvon Quinerly

Jahvon Quinerly, a five-star point guard from New Jersey, said his favorite part of his visit to campus in June was going to McKale Center.

Gregory Payan / The Associated Press

Five-star point guard Jahvon Quinerly announced he has decommitted from Arizona on Thursday night, just over three weeks after he was named in a federal complaint that quoted a sports agent saying he took $15,000.

If Quinerly was found to have taken an amount that high, he most likely would not be eligible for his entire freshman season, according to attorneys who work with schools facing NCAA violations.

At a USA Basketball camp earlier this month, Quinerly told ESPN that he remained committed to the Wildcats "for now" but declined to say if he accepted money from an agent through UA assistant coach Book Richardson, as federal documents allege.

Quinerly also told ESPN he had not spoken to Richardson since the FBI news first broke, but did speak with Arizona coach Sean Miller.

"He was upset as well," Quinerly said. "We had a brief conversation, and it was about just me becoming the best player I can be for this high school season and being ready for the next level."

Quinerly's decommitment leaves Arizona with two remaining recruits so far in the class of 2018: guard Brandon Williams and forward Shareef O'Neal.

Sportswriter for the Arizona Daily Star covering Arizona Wildcats basketball