Big wide receiver? Check.
Prospect from Texas? Check.
The Arizona Wildcats picked up a verbal commitment Wednesday that helps fill one of their bigger needs and continues to show they’re making inroads in the state of Texas.
Three-star receiver Tre Adams committed to Arizona, becoming the second receiver and third Texas to join the 2018 class.
Adams, from Wakeland High in Frisco, is listed at 6-foot-3. The Wildcats have only one returning scholarship receiver who’s over 6 feet – freshman Drew Dixon, who is redshirting this year.
Here’s how Arizona’s recruiting class shapes up as of now:
ARIZONA 2018 COMMITS (12)
- Armani Adams, S, St. Petersburg, Fla. (Lakewood)
- Trey Adams, WR, Frisco, Texas (Wakeland)
- McKenzie Barnes, DB, Fresno, Calif. (Edison)
- Jaiden Dockery, S, Lancaster, Texas
- Jhevon Hill, DB-ATH, San Bernardino, Calif. (Cajon)
- Mykee Irving, DT, Calabasas, Calif.
- Issaiah Johnson, LB, Los Alamitos, Calif.
- Jamarye Joiner, QB/ATH, Vail (Cienega)
- Jake Peters, TE, Ranco Santa Margarita, Calif. (Santa Margarita)
- Jaden Mitchell, WR, Las Vegas (Desert Pines)
- Darrius Smith, RB, Pearland, Texas (Glenda Dawson)
- David Watson, OT, Tucson (Amphitheater)