Several recruits visit Arizona on Saturday night. One of them committed to the Wildcats the next day.
Jake Peters, a consensus three-star tight end from Rancho Santa Margarita, California, pledged to Arizona via Twitter on Sunday evening.
Peters missed his junior season at Santa Margarita High because of an Achilles’ injury. Both of his parents attended Arizona. When the school offered him a scholarship in August, Peters told Scout.com: “This one really touches home for me.”
Peters is listed at 6-foot-5 and anywhere from 220 to 225 pounds. He is the 11th recruit and first tight end to commit to Arizona for the class of 2018.
The Wildcats have four tight ends on their roster. One is a redshirt junior (Trevor Wood). One is a redshirt freshmen (Jamie Nunley). The other two are true freshmen (Bryce Wolma, Bryce Gilbert).
Here’s how the UA’s 2018 class shapes up at the moment:
ARIZONA 2018 COMMITS
- Armani Adams, S, St. Petersburg, Fla. (Lakewood)
- McKenzie Barnes, DB, Fresno, Calif. (Edison)
- Jaiden Dockery, S, Lancaster, Texas
- Jhevon Hill, DB-ATH, San Bernardino, Calif. (Cajon)
- Mykee Irving, DT, Calabasas, Calif.
- Issaiah Johnson, LB, Los Alamitos, Calif.
- Jamarye Joiner, QB/ATH, Vail (Cienega)
- Jake Peters, TE, Ranco Santa Margarita, Calif. (Santa Margarita)
- Jaden Mitchell, WR, Las Vegas (Desert Pines)
- Darrius Smith, RB, Pearland, Texas (Glenda Dawson)
- David Watson, OT, Tucson (Amphitheater)
REPORT CARD: Grading Arizona's performance vs. Houston