EL PASO, Texas – Observations from warmups before the Arizona Wildcats’ game against UTEP at the Sun Bowl:
* Senior tailback Nick Wilson (ankle) lined up next to Brandon Dawkins with the first-team offense, a sign that Wilson will play after sitting out last week.
* The guess here is that we won't see QB Khalil Tate tonight. Tate, who hurt his shoulder in the opener, was limited to short throws during warmups. At one point, a trainer stretched his arm. Rhett Rodriguez likely will be the first quarterback off the bench if one is needed.
* After being in a walking boot earlier in the day, defensive tackle Parker Zellers (ankle) dressed and stretched. But the two defensive tackles who lined up with the first unit in the team portion of warmups were Dereck Boles and Luca Bruno. The second-teamers were Finton Connolly and Kurtis Brown.
* Seldom-used defensive end Jack Banda spent some time warming up with the tight ends. Could he be a short-yardage blocking option with Trevor Wood (ankle) out?
* Kickoff has been delayed until 7:26 p.m. Tucson time. The game will start on ESPNEWS. It will switch to ESPN when the weather-delayed Illinois-South Florida game is over.
Be sure to check back throughout the night at Tucson.com and on the Wildcaster app for in-game and postgame updates.