CORVALLIS, Ore. - Danny Hayes drew a walk with the bases loaded in the ninth inning, and Oregon State defeated UC-Santa Barbara 3-2 on Saturday.
Dylan Hecht walked Hayes with two outs, scoring Andy Peterson, who reached on a bunt single. The Beavers will play the winner of today's game between Santa Barbara and Texas A&M.
Andrew Moore (13-1) went eight innings, allowing one earned run on five hits.
Ryan Barnes hit a solo home run in the second and added an RBI single in the sixth for Oregon State.
• UCLA 6, Cal Poly 4: In Los Angeles, UCLA overcame a four-run deficit.
The Bruins scored four times in the sixth inning, and twice more in the seventh to complete the comeback.
• Two other Pac-12 teams were still playing at press time: ASU was facing CS-Fullerton, and Oregon was playing Rice.
• Corey Dick homered and had three of UNC-Wilmington's 16 hits, and the Seahawks eliminated Army in a game that ended with a triple play.
• Louisville used a six-run seventh inning to top Miami 6-4.
• Nick Crucet hit a go-ahead RBI single in the 13th inning and Columbia earned its first NCAA tournament win with a 6-5 victory over New Mexico.
• Dylan Covey allowed three runs over a season-high 7 2/3 innings to lead San Diego past San Diego State 6-3 in an elimination game.
• Sophomore Carlos Rodon threw a two-hitter, struck out 10 and walked none, and N.C. State beat Willliam & Mary 1-0.
• Jordan Montgomery had a career-high 11 strikeouts in seven innings, Kyle Martin drove in four runs, and South Carolina beat Liberty 19-3.
• Cole Lankford went 5 for 5 and drove in two runs, and Texas A&M beat Texas-San Antonio 6-1.
• Luke Weaver struck out 14 in eight scoreless innings, and Florida State beat Troy 11-0, which has outscored its two opponents 21-0.
• Valparaiso won an NCAA tournament game for the first time since 1966, scoring four times in the seventh inning to beat Florida 5-4.
• Oklahoma's Max White hit an RBI triple in a two-run 12th inning in a 5-3 win over Connecticut.
• Steve Wilkerson hit two homers and drove in five runs to lead Clemson past St. Louis 10-2.
• Bob Cruikshank's RBI sacrifice fly in the top of the 13th inning lifted San Francisco over South Dakota State 4-3.
• Mike Yastrzemski, the grandson of Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski, doubled twice, tripled and drove in three runs to lead Vanderbilt past Illinois 10-4.