Growing up in Jonesboro, Arkansas, James Farris was a St. Louis Cardinals fan. So was his mom, dad, brother, uncle, pet dog and, well, you get the idea.
Arkansas is Cardinal territory, and the Farris family had no problem obliging.
Now they’re going to have to go shopping for some new gear.
Farris was selected in the ninth round of Friday’s MLB draft by — who else — the Chicago Cubs. The former UA right-handed pitcher was the 259th overall selection.
- On Alaska's 6-8 export and other Arizona basketball targets
- Las Vegas recruiting: On Pastner's big task, Vanderbilt's injury and the real CP3
- Arizona basketball recruiting target DeAndre Ayton avoids Las Vegas craziness
- Ex-Wildcat Ryan Anderson signs with Belgian pro team
- Sacred Heart, Northern Colorado complete UA's 2016-17 schedule
- Recruiting: Huge weekend of visitors for Arizona football
- Recruiting: Arizona gets verbal commitment from 2017 junior college linebacker
- Wildcats receive commitment from Alabama high-schooler
- Recruiting: Arizona thinking ahead, making offers for...2019?
- Recruiting: 2017 Arizona target Hunter Echols decommits from UCLA