Growing up in Jonesboro, Arkansas, James Farris was a St. Louis Cardinals fan. So was his mom, dad, brother, uncle, pet dog and, well, you get the idea.
Arkansas is Cardinal territory, and the Farris family had no problem obliging.
Now they’re going to have to go shopping for some new gear.
Farris was selected in the ninth round of Friday’s MLB draft by — who else — the Chicago Cubs. The former UA right-handed pitcher was the 259th overall selection.
- NCAA now permitting Arizona Wildcats standout Allonzo Trier to travel
- Arizona-Gonzaga postgame: On PJC's domino effect and why Karnowski wasn't doubled
- Arizona basketball: Allonzo Trier not playing vs. Gonzaga
- Arizona-Gonzaga pregame: More drama around Wildcat basketball
- Arizona basketball: Trier reportedly boards Wildcats' flight to L.A.
- It's official: CB coach Donté Williams leaves Arizona Wildcats to join Nebraska staff
- Recruiting: Arizona still after 4-star cornerbacks Thomas Graham, Jaylon Redd
- Four-star athlete Greg Johnson decommits from Arizona Wildcats
- CB coach Donté Williams expected to leave Arizona Wildcats for Nebraska
- Report: Arizona Wildcats CB coach Donté Williams could be headed to Nebraska (updated)