• Yankees 11, Blue Jays 4: In Toronto, Russell Martin hit a three-run homer, Eric Chavez added a two-run shot and the Yankees maintained their one-game lead atop the AL East.
Nick Swisher had two hits and two RBIs for the Yankees, who have not lost consecutive games since a three-game skid from Sept. 2-4.
• Orioles 9, Red Sox 1: In Baltimore, Chris Tillman pitched eight innings of one-hit ball, Ryan Flaherty hit his first career grand slam and the Orioles secured their grip on the top AL wild card spot.
• Indians 8, Royals : In Cleveland, Sandy Alomar Jr. won his first game as Indians manager as Jason Kipnis drove in three runs and Cleveland handed Kansas City its sixth straight loss.
• Twins 4, Tigers 2: In Minneapolis, Ryan Doumit had four RBIs for Minnesota, including the go-ahead two-run double in the eighth inning to keep the Tigers from moving any closer to the AL Central title.
• White Sox 3, Rays 1: In Chicago, Alex Rios hit his career-high 25th homer and the White Sox gave their fading playoff hopes a boost while ending the Rays' eight-game winning streak.
• Angels 7, Rangers 4: In Arlington, Texas, Jered Weaver became the American League's first 20-game winner, Mike Trout hit a leadoff homer and the Angels prevented the Rangers from clinching a playoff berth.
• Athletics 8, Mariners 2: In Oakland, Calif., Stephen Drew hit a two-run homer, Coco Crisp added a solo shot and Oakland gained ground on the first-place Texas in the AL West.