• Pirates 5, Phillies 3: In Philadelphia, pinch hitter Brandon Inge hit a tiebreaking RBI single in the eighth inning. Pedro Alvarez hit a solo homer in the seventh, and his RBI single in the fourth was the only hit off Phillies starter Roy Halladay in six innings.
Chase Utley and Ryan Howard hit upper-deck solo homers for Philadelphia, but Mike Adams couldn't protect an eighth-inning lead.
• Cardinals 4, Nationals 2: In Washington, Yadier Molina hit a two-run single off Stephen Strasburg during St. Louis' three-run first inning, and the Cardinals completed a sweep.
The Nationals have lost six consecutive home games and nine of their last 12 overall. Strasburg is 1-4.
• Rockies 6, Braves 5: In Denver, Wilin Rosario scored on Yorvit Torrealba's single to left in the 12th inning as Colorado rallied in the ninth to deny Atlanta's Tim Hudson his 200th career win.
Michael Cuddyer and Josh Rutledge homered for the Rockies, who ended a three-game skid behind one-hit pitching by the bullpen over the last six innings.
• Reds 1, Cubs 0: In Cincinnati, Mat Latos retired the first 10 batters and 15 of the first 16 he faced and mostly spared an overworked bullpen.
Cincinnati's Todd Frazier hit a 480-foot home run in the sixth to increase his team-leading home run total to six.
• Padres 2, Brewers 1: In San Diego, Edinson Volquez threw seven strong innings, and Carlos Quentin hit his first home run of the season, helping San Diego snap Milwaukee's nine-game winning streak.
• Rangers 11, Angels 3: In Anaheim, Calif., Nelson Cruz capped a nine-run fourth inning with a three-run homer, Lance Berkman had four RBIs, and Yu Darvish (4-1) allowed three hits over six scoreless innings, struck out 11 and lowered his ERA to 1.65 after getting staked to an 11-0 lead.
It was the right-hander's 11th double-digit strikeout performance in 34 major-league starts.
• Tigers 7, Royals 5: In Detroit, Jose Valverde returned to the Tigers with a save, and Victor Martinez drove in a pair of runs.
Valverde, called up earlier in the day, returned to the Tigers with a perfect ninth inning. Valverde lost the closing role during the 2012 postseason and wasn't offered a contract but signed a minor-league deal this month.
• Red Sox 6, Athletics 5: In Boston, Stephen Drew hit a two-run triple, and David Ortiz had two hits and drove in a run. Ortiz (Achilles) is 8 for 16 since returning to the lineup Saturday for the first time since last August. Chris Young had a three-run homer and a solo shot for the Athletics.
• Astros 10, Mariners 3: In Houston, Chris Carter, Ronny Cedeño and Brandon Laird homered, and Lucas Harrell pitched seven solid innings.
The Astros took two of three in the series, and four of their seven wins this season have come against Seattle.
• Blue Jays 6, Orioles 5: In Baltimore, Jim Johnson walked Maicer Izturis with the bases loaded in the 11th inning to force in the tiebreaking run, and Toronto ended Baltimore's run of consecutive extra-inning victories at 17.
• Rays 3, Yankees 0: In St. Petersburg, Fla., Alex Cobb scattered three hits over 8 1/3 innings, and Ben Zobrist drove in two runs.
• White Sox 3, Indians 2: In Chicago, Alex Rios hit a two-run homer, and Chicago ended a four-game losing streak.