• Nationals 6, Marlins 1: In Miami, Ross Detwiler departed with a lead for the third start in a row and this time the bullpen held on as Bryce Harper and Washington won. Harper, back in the Nationals' lineup after missing one game with the flu, hiked his average to .364 with four hits.
• Reds 1, Phillies 0 (Game 1): In Cincinnati, Jay Bruce singled with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning in a game suspended overnight because of rain. The game resumed in the bottom of the ninth with a few hundred people in the stands. Bruce's single off Phillippe Aumont (1-2) came only 9 minutes and 19 pitches after it restarted
• Reds 11, Phillies 2 (Game 2): Reds starter Mike Leake (1-2) drove in a run with his first career triple during Cincinnati's five-run second inning. The Reds had two singles, a double, a triple, Todd Frazier's homer, a walk and a hit-by-pitch during the rally.
• Brewers 4, Giants 3: In Milwaukee, pinch-hitter Blake Lalli lifted a long single in the bottom of the ninth inning to score Josh Prince and give the Brewers their third straight win. Brewers starter Kyle Lohse did not allow a hit through the first five innings as Milwaukee built a 3-0 lead.
• Padres 7, Dodgers 2 In Los Angeles, Everth Cabrera, Chris Denorfia and Kyle Blanks all homered off Clayton Kershaw in San Diego's win. Cabrera was 3 for 4 and added a double and steal for the Padres.
• Mets vs. Rockies, ppd: In Denver, the game was postponed as another spring snow storm passed through the Mile High City. No makeup date was announced.
• Red Sox 6, Indians 3: In Cleveland, converted closer Alfredo Aceves coasted through five innings, Mike Napoli and Daniel Nava drove in two runs apiece and the Red Sox, bonded by the tragedy in Boston, struck quickly against Justin Masterson for their fifth straight win. Aceves (1-0), who began the season in Boston's bullpen, took a shutout into the sixth before giving up three runs.
• Rays 6, Orioles 2: In Baltimore, Kelly Johnson and Shelley Duncan homered, James Loney had three RBIs and Tampa Bay beat Baltimore to snap a four-game skid. Matt Moore (3-0) gave up two runs and five hits in 6 2/3 innings.
• Athletics 7, Astros 5: In Oakland, Calif., Bartolo Colon pitched six crisp innings, Josh Reddick doubled in two runs during a six-run first and Oakland defeated Houston to complete another three-game sweep. The Athletics swept a three-game series at Houston during the first week of the season.
• White Sox 7, Blue Jays 0: In Toronto, Tyler Flowers hit a three-run homer and Jose Quintana pitched 6 2/3 sharp innings to lead Chicago over Toronto. Alex Rios also homered against his former team to back Quintana (1-0).
• Tigers vs. Mariners: In Seattle, late. The game was tied at 1 in the 14th inning at the Star's press time.
• Angels vs. Twins, ppd: In Minneapolis, the game was called due to rain. No makeup date has been determined.
• Royals 1, Braves 0: In Atlanta, Wade Davis pitched five-hit ball for seven innings, Jeff Francoeur had a fourth-inning RBI single, and the Royals stopped the Braves' 10-game winning streak. The Braves were seeking their first 13-1 start since 1994, but the powerful Atlanta offense - which homered five times off the Royals on Tuesday - finally was stifled.
• Rangers vs. Cubs, ppd: In Chicago, the game was rained out. No makeup date was announced.