• Pirates 6, Braves 0: In Pittsburgh, Wandy Rodriguez faced the minimum while throwing seven innings of one-hit ball to outpitch Tim Hudson. Pedro Alvarez homered for the second consecutive game and Russell Martin, Neil Walker and Travis Snider each reached base three times for Pittsburgh, which has won seven of its past 10 after a 1-5 start to the season.
• Marlins 2, Reds 1: In Cincinnati, Justin Ruggiano hit a solo homer off Aroldis Chapman in the ninth inning, helping Miami snap the Reds' winning streak at four. It was a stunning moment for the Marlins, who have the worst record in the majors at 4-13 and had only four homers all year.
• Phillies 8, Cardinals 2: In Philadelphia, Roy Halladay tossed a two-hitter over seven innings and the Phillies won in a seven-inning rain-shortened game to snap a four-game losing streak. Halladay (2-2) allowed two runs, walked two and struck out six to record a complete game.
• Brewers 5, Cubs 4: In Milwaukee, Ryan Braun hit a three-run homer, and Milwaukee starter Marco Estrada (2-0) pitched out of trouble in his six innings, getting three double plays and holding the Cubs hitless in six at-bats with runners in scoring position.
• Giants 3, Padres 2: In San Francisco, Angel Pagan lined a game-ending double to right field with one out in the ninth inning, and the Giants returned from a rough road trip to win. Santiago Casilla (2-1) struck out two in a 1-2-3 ninth for the win. Shortstop Brandon Crawford made a great pickup on Jesus Guzman's grounder for the second out.
• Yankees 9, Blue Jays 4: In Toronto, Andy Pettitte pitched effectively into the eighth inning, Travis Hafner homered and had two RBIs, and the Yankees won. Lyle Overbay and Vernon Wells also went deep against their former team as the Yankees won for the eighth time in 10 games.
• Rays 8, Athletics 3: In St. Petersburg, Fla., Evan Longoria hit a two-run homer and Ben Zobrist had a pair of RBI singles to help Tampa Bay win. Jose Lobaton also drove in two runs with a bases-loaded single to back the pitching of Alex Cobb (2-1), who allowed three runs and 10 hits over 7 1/3 innings.
• Rangers 7, Mariners 0: In Arlington, Texas, Yu Darvish struck out 10 while allowing only three hits over seven innings for Texas, and the Rangers had their biggest inning of the season with a six-run fifth. In his 33rd career start in the major leagues, Darvish (3-1) had his 10th career 10-strikeout game.
• Astros 3, Indians 2: In Houston, J.D. Martinez and Rick Ankiel hit back-to-back homers in the second inning and the Astros held on. The win snapped a five-game skid for Houston and extended Cleveland's losing streak to five.
• Angels 8, Tigers 1: In Anaheim, Calif., Peter Bourjos had three hits and three RBIs, Mike Trout and Albert Pujols drove in two runs apiece, and the Angels slowed the worst start in franchise history with the win.
• Twins vs. White Sox, ppd: In Chicago, the game was postponed due to a forecast of cold, windy weather. The makeup date wasn't announced.
• Royals vs. Red Sox, ppd: In Boston, the game was postponed while authorities searched for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings and officials warned nearly 1 million people to stay indoors.
• Dodgers vs. Orioles, ppd: In Baltimore, an unrelenting rain shower forced the postponement of the game. The teams will play a doubleheader today.