• Giants 4, Dodgers 3: In San Francisco, Hunter Pence doubled twice and drove in four runs, Matt Cain pitched into the eighth inning for his first victory of the season and the Giants completed a three-game sweep. Leadoff hitter Andres Torres had three hits for San Francisco.
• Marlins 14, Phillies 2: In Philadelphia, Adeiny Hechavarria hit a grand slam and a bases-loaded triple off an ailing Roy Halladay, driving in seven runs for the Marlins. Kevin Slowey (1-2) gave up two hits in seven shutout innings for his first win since September 2010.
• Braves 9, Mets 4: In Atlanta, Freddie Freeman homered and drove in three runs, Tim Hudson pitched into the eighth inning and the Braves beat the Mets. Freeman got three hits, including a two-run double off Jonathon Niese (2-3) in a five-run third.
• Cardinals 10, Brewers 1: In Milwaukee, Jaime Garcia pitched eight innings and Allen Craig drove in four runs to lead St. Louis to the franchise's first four-game sweep of Milwaukee.
• Reds 7, Cubs 4: In Chicago, Joey Votto had three hits, Todd Frazier hit a two-run single and the Reds completed a three-game sweep of the Cubs. Mat Latos (3-0) extended his scoreless streak to 21 innings, tying a career high.
• Nationals 6, Pirates 2: In Pittsburgh, Tyler Moore hit a three-run homer and Danny Espinosa homered and drove in three runs, leading Gio Gonzalez and the Nationals over Pittsburgh.
• Tigers, 9, Astros 0: In Houston, Justin Verlander held Houston hitless until the seventh inning and the Tigers romped for a four-game sweep. Verlander, who has already pitched two no-hitters in his career, made a bid for another one against the overmatched Astros.
• Orioles 8, Angels 4: In Anaheim, Calif., Sabino High grad J.J. Hardy and Manny Machado each hit a two-run homer off Jerome Williams in his first start of the season, leading the Orioles over the reeling Angels.
• Rangers 4, Red Sox 3: In Arlington, Texas, Yu Darvish struck out 14 and Adrian Beltre hit an RBI single with two outs in the ninth inning as Texas won, completing a three-game sweep.
• Athletics 5, Yankees 4: In New York, Josh Donaldson hit Oakland's third home run of the game, a tiebreaking drive off Boone Logan in the eighth inning that lifted the Athletics over New York.
• Blue Jays 10, Mariners 2: In Toronto, Mark DeRosa hit a three-run homer, Melky Cabrera added a solo shot and the Blue Jays snapped a four-game losing streak. Brandon Morrow pitched three-hit ball over eight innings for his first win of the year. He struck out eight, matching a season high.
• Twins 4, Indians 2: In Cleveland, Mike Pelfrey pitched six effective innings, Trevor Plouffe hit a two-run homer and Minnesota stopped the Indians' six-game winning streak.
• Royals 6, White Sox 5: In Kansas City, Mo., Alex Gordon hit an RBI single with two outs in the 10th and the Royals won. Billy Butler's two-out, two-run double in the ninth tied it for Kansas City.
• Rays 8, Rockies 3: In Denver, Alex Cobb pitched effectively into the seventh inning, withstanding three solo homers by Colorado and helping Tampa Bay win. Jose Lobaton, Ryan Roberts and Kelly Johnson each drove in two runs for the Rays.