• Pirates 4, Nationals 2: In Washington, Francisco Liriano didn't allow a hit until the sixth inning against a struggling and depleted Nationals lineup, and Pedro Alvarez homered off Stephen Strasburg.
The Nationals fell to 0-6 since the All-Star break - scoring a total of 13 runs in that span - and have lost 11 of 13.
Ex-Arizona Wildcat Mark Melancon got the last three outs to earn his third save.
• Braves 8, Mets 2: In New York, Tim Hudson took a shutout into the eighth inning before getting spiked at first base and carted off the field during Atlanta's victory.
Hudson has a broken right ankle and will undergo surgery in Atlanta once the swelling goes down..
• Cardinals 11, Phillies 3: In St. Louis, Jake Westbrook pitched seven solid innings and contributed offensively with his second career steal for St. Louis.
• Brewers 3, Padres 1: In Milwaukee, Kyle Lohse pitched seven strong innings, and Carlos Gomez had four hits and drove in two runs to lead Milwaukee.
• Rockies 2, Marlins 1: In Denver, Jorge De La Rosa tossed six scoreless innings and Todd Helton doubled and scored a run for Colorado.
• Reds 8, Giants3: In San Francisco, Mike Leake pitched six-plus innings of wildly effective ball and had the third three-hit game of his career to lead Cincinnati.
Leake (10-4) allowed a career-high 12 hits but gave up just one run. He also snapped an 0-for-26 skid - his longest hitless streak - with two singles and a double.
• Rangers 3, Yankees 1: In Arlington, Texas, Matt Garza pitched into the eighth inning of his Rangers debut, the only run he allowed unearned after his throwing error.
Garza (1-0) was 6-1 in his 11 starts this season for the Chicago Cubs before being traded Monday to the Rangers.
• Rays 5, Red Sox 1: In Boston, David Price pitched a five-hitter for his third complete game of the season, Wil Myers had a two-run single, and the surging Rays won for the 19th time in 22 games.
• Athletics 4, Astros 3: In Houston, Coco Crisp hit a two-run homer in Oakland's three-run seventh inning for the Athletics.
The A's trailed by two before an RBI double by Eric Sogard with one out cut the lead to 3-2 and chased starter Bud Norris. Crisp launched his home run off Travis Blackley (1-1) to put Oakland on top.
• Angels 1, Twins 0: In Anaheim, Calif., Jered Weaver outpitched Mike Pelfrey with eight innings of two-hit ball and Albert Pujols drove in the only run for the Angels.
Weaver (5-5) struck out nine and walked one in his first home start against the Twins since his no-hitter on May 2, 2012. The three-time All-Star retired 19 consecutive batters during one stretch.
• Indians 10, Mariners 1: In Seattle, Scott Kazmir allowed one hit over his eight innings and Michael Bourn hit his first career grand slam for the Indians.
• Tigers 6, White Sox 2: In Chicago, Prince Fielder, Austin Jackson and Torii Hunter homered, and Anibal Sanchez pitched six scoreless innings as the Tigers overcame Miguel Cabrera's absence in the victory.
• Royals 4, Orioles 3: In Kansas City, Eric Hosmer hit two home runs and Alcides Escobar drove in the winning run in the ninth to lift the Royals.