• Marlins 4, Padres 0: In Miami, Jose Fernandez struck out 10 and allowed only two hits in a career-high eight innings. Miami matched a season high with its third consecutive victory.Jeff Mathis hit a three-run double in the sixth.
• Reds 8, Giants 1: In Cincinnati, Todd Frazier homered and drove in four runs. Frazier had an RBI single and a three-run homer off left-hander Mike Kickham (0-3). Rain halted the game after the sixth. The umpires waited 1 hour 28 minutes before calling it
• Blue Jays 8, Tigers 3: In Toronto, R.A. Dickey won again, Jose Reyes and Mark DeRosa homered and the Blue Jays notched their seventh straight home win.
Dickey allowed two runs and six hits in seven innings, striking out four and walking one.
Prince Fielder hit his 14th home run for the Tigers.
• Yankees 10, Twins 4: In Minneapolis, Robinson Cano homered twice and Andy Pettitte broke Whitey Ford's club record for career strikeouts to help New York snap a five-game skid.
• Rays 12, Astros 0: In Houston, Matt Moore allowed two hits in seven scoreless innings for his 11th win, and Ryan Roberts homered twice.
Moore won his third straight decision and Cesar Ramos pitched two perfect innings to complete the two-hitter. The Rays won their third in a row.