• Cubs 4, Pirates 3: In Chicago, pinch-hitter Dioner Navarro lifted a game-ending sacrifice fly in the 11th inning, sending the Chicago Cubs over Pittsburgh. The Pirates tied it with two outs in the ninth on Starling Marte's solo homer.
• Phillies 7, Braves 3: In Philadelphia, freshly chosen All-Star Domonic Brown homered, tripled and drove in two runs as the Philadelphia Phillies topped Atlanta. Ben Revere hit a two-run triple for Philadelphia, which took two of three from the NL East leaders.
• Nationals 11, Padres 7: In Washington, Ryan Zimmerman hit a grand slam, Bryce Harper added three hits and two stolen bases, and the Washington Nationals sent San Diego to its ninth straight loss. Stephen Strasburg (5-6) allowed four runs over six innings. He matched his season-high with nine strikeouts as the Nationals won their fourth straight.
• Cardinals 3, Marlins 2: In St. Louis, Lance Lynn outpitched Marlins All-Star Jose Fernandez for his 11th win and Matt Holliday homered for the St. Louis Cardinals as they wrapped up a three-game sweep. Lynn (11-3) worked seven strong innings and matched All-Star Adam Wainwright for the team lead in wins. He struck out seven.
• Mets 2, Brewers 1: In Milwaukee, Jeremy Hefner allowed one run on two hits over seven innings and the New York Mets turned two throwing errors by Milwaukee third baseman Juan Francisco into a pair of unearned runs.
• Orioles 2, Yankees 1: In New York, Adam Jones hit a two-run homer off Mariano Rivera in the ninth inning and the Baltimore Orioles ended New York's longest winning streak of the season at six games. A healthy Hiroki Kuroda pitched seven innings of three-hit ball for the Yankees, but they were unable to finish off a three-game sweep after Baltimore took all three games from them at Camden Yards last weekend.
• Rays 3, White Sox 1: In St. Petersburg, Fla., David Price went the distance to win his second straight start since returning from an injury, helping the Rays finish a three-game series sweep.
• Athletics 10, Royals 4: In Kansas City, Josh Reddick homered and drove in four runs, and Jed Lowrie and Eric Sogard also went deep for Oakland. A.J. Griffin (7-6) rebounded from a miserable start against the Cubs to go five innings for the A's.
• Blue Jays 11, Twins 5: In Toronto, Todd Redmond pitched one-hit ball over five innings for his first major league win and Toronto beat Minnesota for the 10th time in the last 13 meetings.
• Indians 9, Tigers 6: In Cleveland, Michael Brantley's two-run homer in the eighth inning off Al Alburquerque helped Cleveland snap a seven-game skid against Detroit.
• Rangers 5, Astros 4: In Arlington, Texas, A.J. Pierzynski hit a three-run homer and Nelson Cruz had a tiebreaking single in the fifth inning to lift Texas.
• Angels 3, Red Sox 0: In Anaheim, Calif., Jered Weaver combined with three relievers on a five-hitter and All-Star Mike Trout homered to the lead the Angels to their 10th win in 12 games.
• Mariners 3, Reds 1: In Cincinnati, Joe Saunders pitched seven efficient innings and Nick Franklin and Justin Smoak each homered to lift the Seattle Mariners. Saunders (7-8) gave up six hits, walked none and struck out two while winning back-to-back starts for the first time this season.