• Braves 9, Nationals 0: In Washington, Justin Upton and Andrelton Simmons homered and Atlanta won its ninth in row as Paul Maholm beat the Nationals to complete a three-game sweep. Upton hit his seventh home run of the season. Chris Johnson had four hits and two RBIs for the Braves.
• Phillies 2, Marlins 1: In Miami, Roy Halladay earned his 200th career victory, bouncing back from consecutive poor outings to pitch eight innings and help Philadelphia win. Laynce Nix broke a 1-all tie with his second pinch-hit homer of the season in the ninth.
• Rockies 2, Padres 1: In San Diego, Todd Helton had a pinch-hit, two-run homer in the seventh inning and Jorge De La Rosa and three relievers combined on a two-hitter to carry Colorado to its second three-game sweep of San Diego this season.
• Brewers 4, Cardinals 3: In St. Louis, Jonathan Lucroy hit a solo home run in the 10th inning as Milwaukee rallied and avoided a sweep. The Brewers had gone a team-record 32 innings without scoring before Ryan Braun hit a two-run homer off reliever Trevor Rosenthal in the eighth.
• Giants 10, Cubs 7: In Chicago, Edwin Jackson and Michael Bowden tied a major league record by combining to throw five wild pitches in the sixth inning, and San Francisco beat the Cubs in the 10th. Hunter Pence hit a tying homer with two outs in the Giants' ninth off Shawn Camp (0-1). A balk by Camp scored the go-ahead run in the 10th.
• Pirates 10, Reds 7: In Pittsburgh, backup catcher Michael McKenry had the first two-homer game of his four-year major league career, Starling Marte hit a tiebreaking two-run drive in a six-run eighth inning and Pittsburgh won.
• Tigers 10, Athletics 1: In Oakland, Calif., Austin Jackson had four hits, homered and drove in three runs, Torii Hunter added two doubles and a triple, and the Tigers routed the Athletics. Miguel Cabrera drove in two runs for the Tigers, who had 14 hits and won for the third time in four games.
• White Sox 3, Indians 1: In Cleveland, Jake Peavy struck out 11 in seven innings, Paul Konerko homered and the White Sox broke a five-game losing streak. The White Sox went into the game as the majors' only winless team on the road.
• Royals 3, Blue Jays 2: In Kansas City, Mo., Alex Gordon drove home Chris Getz with a single in the ninth inning, and the Royals beat the Blue Jays to avoid a series sweep. The Royals played from behind nearly the entire way, but broke through when Getz doubled off Blue Jays reliever Darren Oliver (0-1) with one out in the ninth.
• Angels 4, Astros 1: In Anaheim, Calif., Mike Trout hit his first home run of the season and Josh Hamilton also connected, leading C.J. Wilson and the Angels. Trout put the Angels ahead for good with his solo homer in the third inning.
• Mariners 4, Rangers 3: In Seattle, Dustin Ackley snapped a sixth-inning tie with his first RBI of the year, rookie Brandon Maurer rebounded from a horrible start to throw six strong innings for his first career victory and the Mariners won.
• Yankees 3, Orioles 0: In New York, Hiroki Kuroda pitched a five-hitter for his fifth major league shutout and Brett Gardner hit his first home run off a left-handed pitcher since July 2010, leading the Yankees.
• Mets vs. Twins, ppd: In Minneapolis, a windy, wintry mix of light snow and rain forced the game to be postponed. It will be made up Monday, Aug. 19.