• Nationals 6, Giants 5: In Washington, Denard Span made a diving catch in deep center field with two runners on base for the final out, and the Nationals held off the San Francisco Giants 6-5 Wednesday night for their fifth straight victory.
•Reds 5, Cubs 0: In Chicago, Bronson Arroyo pitched seven crisp innings, Todd Frazier homered and the Reds beat the Cubs to complete a three-game series sweep.
• Rockies 4, Padres 2: In Denver, Jorge De La Rose pitched seven solid innings, catcher Yorvit Torrealba completed a remarkable double play by tagging out two runners and the Rockies hung on to beat the Padres.
• Braves 6, Phillies 3: In Atlanta, Chris Johnson drove in three runs, Jason Heyward homered and Brandon Beachy pitched six strong innings to help the Atlanta Braves beat the Philadelphia Phillies.
• Pirates 5, Cardinals 1: In St. Louis, Francisco Liriano was dominant coming off the worst outing of his career and the Pittsburgh Pirates got home runs from Pedro Alvarez and Garrett Jones to beat the Cardinals.The win gave Pittsburgh a three-game lead in the NL Central.
• Dodgers 5, Mets 4: In Los Angeles, Adrian Gonzalez doubled home Yasiel Puig with the winning run in the 12th inning.
• Astros 2, Athletics 1: In Oakland, Calif, Carlos Corporan hit an RBI double in the 11th inning, lifting the Astros. Jose Altuve singled with one out off A's reliever Sean Doolittle (3-4) and was headed for third on Corporan's double when Oakland center fielder Chris Young bobbled the ball. Altuve alertly rounded third and scored the tiebreaking run while Corporan was caught in a rundown between second and third.
• Blue Jays 4, Red Sox 3: In Toronto, Brett Lawrie singled home the winning run in the 10th inning and Toronto beat Boston, handing the AL East-leading Red Sox their fourth loss in six games.
Rajai Davis doubled off Brandon Workman (3-2) to begin the 10th and went to third on Jose Bautista's grounder. Edwin Encarnacion was intentionally walked to bring up Lawrie, who lined a two-strike pitch off the glove of shortstop Stephen Drew, bringing Davis home with the winning run.
• Tigers 6, White Sox 4: In Chicago, Miguel Cabrera hit a towering three-run homer and Detroit ended a three-game skid. A year after winning the Triple Crown, Cabrera has 38 homers, 114 RBIs and is hitting .360.
• Rays 5, Mariners 4: In St. Petersburg, Fla., Jason Bourgeois hit an RBI single to cap Tampa Bay's two-run rally in the ninth inning and the Rays ended a six-game losing streak.
The Rays trailed 4-3 when Ben Zobrist opened the ninth with a triple off the top of the right-field wall against rookie Danny Farquhar (0-1). Matt Joyce singled to tie it, Evan Longoria doubled and Will Myers was intentionally walked to load the bases. Bourgeois singled to right over a drawn-in outfield.
• Indians 9, Twins 8: In Minneapolis, Michael Brantley hit a sacrifice fly in the 12th inning and Cleveland rallied past Minnesota for just its third win in the last 10 games.
• Marlins 5, Royals 2: In Kansas City, Justin Ruggiano snapped a franchise-worst 0-for-42 slump with a single in the first inning and added two more hits and drove in a run as Miami beat Kansas City.
• Rangers 5, Brewers 2: In Arlington, Texas, Elvis Andrus broke out of a slump with two hits and two RBIs, and Texas rallied for three runs in the seventh inning to beat Milwaukee.