Giants 2, Padres 0: In San Francisco, Pablo Sandoval hit a two-run homer and Tim Lincecum struck out a season-best eight batters. Lincecum (2-0) pitched 6 2/3 scoreless innings, providing a steady presence on the mound after he had allowed four or more runs in a single inning in two of his previous three starts.
• Nationals 7, Mets 6: In New York, Bryce Harper launched two long home runs, including a tiebreaking drive in the eighth inning, and also doubled to lead Washington.
• Cardinals 5, Phillies 0: In Philadelphia, Lance Lynn threw one-hit ball for seven innings and Carlos Beltran homered for the third straight game to lead St. Louis.
• Pirates 3, Braves 1: In Pittsburgh, James McDonald pitched six dominant inning and Gaby Sanchez hit a tiebreaking two-run home run as the Pirates won for the sixth time in eight games, beating the team with the best record in the majors.
• Brewers 5, Cubs 1: In Milwaukee, Jonathan Lucroy homered, Hiram Burgos pitched five innings in his major league debut and the Brewers took advantage of shoddy Chicago fielding, scoring four unearned runs.
• Red Sox 4, Royals 3: In Boston, after honoring the victims and the survivors of the Boston Marathon bombings, the Red Sox kept on with their best start in 11 years by beating Kansas City as David Ortiz played his first game since last summer and Daniel Nava hit a three-run homer in the eighth inning.
• Angels 10, Tigers 0: In Anaheim, Calif., Mike Trout capped a nine-run first inning against Rick Porcello with his first career grand slam and Garrett Richards pitched two-hit ball over seven innings.
• Twins 2, White Sox 1: In Chicago, Ryan Doumit doubled and scored the go-ahead run in the 10th inning on Alexei Ramirez's throwing error.
• Yankees 5, Blue Jays 3: In Toronto, Blue Jays reliever Aaron Loup made a two-run throwing error in the 11th inning, handing the Yankees their ninth win in 11 games.
• Rays 1, Athletics 0: In St. Petersburg, Fla., Jeremy Hellickson pitched seven strong innings and Matt Joyce hit a solo homer for the Rays. Hellickson (1-1) allowed three hits, walked one and struck out six to win for the first time in four starts this season. Joyce homered off Jarrod Parker (0-3) leading off the second inning.
• Indians 19, Astros 6: In Houston, Jason Giambi, Mark Reynolds and Carlos Santana homered among 22 Cleveland hits. Giambi finished with five RBIs, and Reynolds drove in four runs. The Astros helped by issuing eight walks and committing three errors.
• Rangers 5, Mariners 0: In Arlington, Texas, Derek Lowe pitched four hitless innings in relief of injured starter Nick Tepesch and Texas got solo homers from A.J. Pierzynski and David Murphy. The Mariners were shut out for a second straight game, and have gone 19 innings without a run.
• Orioles 7, Dodgers 5, first game: In Baltimore, Nolan Reimold homered and hit a tiebreaking two-run double in the eighth inning as the Orioles rallied in the first game of a split-doubleheader. It was the Dodgers' first appearance in Baltimore since 2002.
Orioles 6, Dodgers 1, second game: Wei-Yin Chen pitched six innings of three-hit ball and Chris Davis and Manny Machado homered for Baltimore.