• Cardinals 3, Nationals 2: In Washington, Yadier Molina drove in the go-ahead run in the sixth inning, backing Shelby Miller's strong start Monday night, and the St. Louis Cardinals returned to the site of their Game 5 NL division series victory last season with a victory over the Washington Nationals. The other big hit for St. Louis was Allen Craig's two-run double in the third.
Miller (3-1) struck out eight in 6 2/3 innings, allowing two runs and four hits.
• Phillies 3, Pirates 2: In Philadelphia, Jimmy Rollins hit a tiebreaking single in the sixth inning and Jonathan Pettibone had an impressive major league debut to lead Philadelphia past Pittsburgh.
Pettibone allowed two runs and six hits, striking out six in 5 1/3 innings. Raul Valdes (1-0) got two outs in the sixth and Jonathan Papelbon finished for his fourth save.
• Reds 5, Cubs 4: In Cincinnati, Jay Bruce hit a tying double and scored on Cesar Izturis' two-out single in the 13th inning, rallying Cincinnati to a victory that gave Chicago its fourth straight loss.
Luis Valbuena hit a two-run homer in the top of the 13th off Alfredo Simon (2-1) for a 4-2 Cubs lead.
• Brewers 7, Padres 1: In San Diego, Ryan Braun hit a two-run homer and Yuniesky Betancourt had a three-run shot, both drives off Jason Marquis in the first inning, and the Milwaukee Brewers won their eighth straight game.
• Braves at Rockies: postponed, snow
• Mariners 7, Astros 1: In Houston, Felix Hernandez pitched six scoreless innings for his 100th career win and Seattle homered three times to back him up.
Hernandez (2-2) reached the milestone in his fourth try to join Jamie Moyer (145) and Randy Johnson (130) as the only pitchers to reach 100 wins with the Mariners.
• Rangers 7, Angels 6: In Anaheim, Calif., A.J. Pierzynski hit a tiebreaking homer with two outs in the ninth inning, and the Texas Rangers rallied from a late three-run deficit.
• Indians 3, White Sox 2: In Chicago, Asdrubal Cabrera hit a clutch two-run single in his return to the lineup and the Cleveland Indians used a throwing error by reliever Matt Thornton to rally for a victory over the sloppy Chicago White Sox.
Justin Masterson (4-1) pitched seven effective innings to help the Indians win their third straight. They have won three of four this season against the White Sox.
• Red Sox 9, Athletics 6: In Boston, Mike Napoli hit a grand slam and drove in five runs, Will Middlebrooks busted out of a slump with a three-run homer and the Boston Red Sox rebounded from a doubleheader sweep by beating the Oakland Athletics. Napoli's fourth career slam keyed the five-run fifth and helped end Oakland's eight-game winning streak against Boston.
• Orioles 2, Blue Jays 1: In Baltimore, Nick Markakis singled home the winning run with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning, giving the Orioles a victory.
Toronto reliever Aaron Loup (1-2) began the ninth by hitting Chris Davis with a pitch. After a sacrifice bunt, Steve Pearce popped out and Nolan Reimold received an intentional walk before Alexi Casilla reached on a throwing error by shortstop Munenori Kawasaki that loaded the bases. Markakis then sliced an 0-2 pitch to the opposite field near the left-field line.
• Marlins at Twins: postponed, rain.