• Rangers 7, Astros 0: In Houston, Texas starter Yu Darvish was one out from a perfect game when Marwin Gonzalez grounded a clean single through the pitcher's legs. Darvish struck out a career-high 14 and was in complete control before Gonzalez smacked the first pitch up the middle.
• Orioles 7, Rays 4: In St. Petersberg, Fla., Adam Jones keyed a seventh-inning rally with a go-ahead, two-run double and Chris Davis followed with a three-run homer for Baltimore.
• Indians 4, Blue Jays 1: In Toronto, R.A. Dickey and the overhauled Blue Jays lost their opener to Cleveland as Asdrubal Cabrera hit a two-run homer off the NL Cy Young Award winner and Justin Masterson pitched six solid innings.
• Mariners 7, Athletics 1: In Oakland, Calif., Michael Morse hit a three-run homer and a solo shot to back Seattle pitcher Hisashi Iwakuma, who struck out seven and walked none.
• Giants 3, Dodgers 0: In Los Angeles, Madison Bumgarner pitched two-hit ball over eight innings for San Francisco while overshadowing the major league debut of L.A. pitcher Hyun-Jin Ryu. In 6 1/3 innings, who yielded one earned run on 10 hits.
• Rockies 8, Brewers 4: In Milwaukee, Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez each homered for the second straight game, giving Colorado 's Walt Weiss his first MLB win as a manager.