• Phillies 3, Reds 2: In Philadelphia, Freddy Galvis and Erik Kratz each homered off closer Aroldis Chapman in the bottom of the ninth inning, rallying the Phillies past Cincinnati for a stunning victory. Chapman (3-2) blew his second straight save opportunity after converting his first eight chances this season.
• Cardinals 4, Brewers 2: In St. Louis, David Freese had an RBI in a four-run fourth inning to go with big plays at third base, and the Cardinals beat former teammate Kyle Lohse for the third time this season.
• Mets 4, Cubs 3: In Chicago, Daniel Murphy hit a tiebreaking home run in the eighth inning and the Mets beat the Cubs for their first series win at Wrigley Field since 2007. The Mets won two of three on this trip to Chicago.
• Padres 13, Nationals 4: In San Diego, Andrew Cashner pitched 6 2/3 strong innings and Kyle Blanks and Will Venable homered off Dan Haren to lead the Padres to a victory against the Nationals and a split of their four-game series.
• Rockies 5, Giants 0: In Denver, Juan Nicasio scattered three hits over six innings, Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki each drove in two runs and the Rockies won their first series over San Francisco in two years.
• Braves 5, Dodgers 2: In Atlanta, Ramiro Pena had a tiebreaking sacrifice fly in a four-run eighth inning, Jordan Schafer drove in two runs and the Braves rallied against Los Angeles' beleaguered bullpen for a rain-soaked victory. Kenley Jansen (1-3) was the loser for the second straight game, this time allowing one hit, two runs and a walk while getting just one out in a game twice delayed by rain for a total of 2 hours 15 minutes.
• Indians 6, Mariners 0: In Cleveland, Justin Masterson struck out a season-high 11 in seven shutout innings and Michael Brantley homered and drove in four runs off Felix Hernandez as the Indians toppled yet another former Cy Young Award winner with the win over the Mariners.
• Rays 3, Orioles 1: In Baltimore, Matt Moore pitched seven innings of five-hit ball to stay unbeaten, Luke Scott and Matt Joyce homered and the Rays beat the Orioles for a three-game sweep. The Rays' ninth win in 11 games put them a season-high three games over .500 (23-20).
• Angels 6, White Sox 2: In Anaheim, Calif., Jason Vargas scattered four hits through seven scoreless innings, Erick Aybar and Howie Kendrick each hit two-run doubles, and the Angels coaxed a pair of bases-loaded walks out of Jake Peavy in the fourth inning of a victory over the White Sox.
• Athletics 4, Royals 3: In Oakland, Calif., Yoenis Cespedes hit a leadoff home run in the eighth inning and the Athletics beat the Royals to complete a three-game sweep.
• Red Sox 5, Twins 1: In Minneapolis, John Lackey allowed one hit over six innings before a three-hour rain delay, Dustin Pedroia and Will Middlebrooks homered and Boston beat Minnesota for its fifth straight win.
• Blue Jays vs. Yankees, ppd.: In New York, the game was postponed due to rain. No makeup date was announced.
• Pirates 1, Astros 0: In Pittsburgh, Jeff Locke allowed three hits over seven innings, Pedro Alvarez homered and the Pirates won for the eighth time in 10 games. Locke (4-1) won his fourth straight decisions and gave up one run or fewer for the fifth time in his past eight outings. He struck out four and walked three.