• Rays left fielder Sam Fuld went 0 for 4 Saturday against the Angels and is hitless in his last 18 at-bats. He stayed in the game after fouling a bunt attempt off his forehead. Manager Joe Maddon said reports after the game were that Fuld was fine.
• Daisuke Matsuzaka is still feeling fine. Red Sox manager Terry Francona said before Saturday's game against the Mariners that the right-hander tested well in medical exams and it may have just been an off day. In Friday night's 5-4 loss to Seattle, the 30-year old right-hander was pulled in the fifth inning because of tightness in his elbow. "Hopefully we just overreacted, which is good," Francona said.
• Travis Hafner is wearing a walking boot for his injured foot when not in uniform. Hafner may wind up on the disabled list.
• Angels pitcher Jered Weaver (6-0), today's scheduled starter against the Rays, has a chance to become the majors' first pitcher to go 7-0 through May 1 since Sadie McMahon was 9-0 in 1891 for Baltimore of the American Association.
• Two-time All-Star closer Andrew Bailey (forearm strain) is scheduled to throw a bullpen session today and could face hitters as early as next week, A's manager Bob Geren said.
• Yankees pitcher Carlos Silva threw three scoreless innings in his first extended spring start Saturday. Pitcher Luis Ayala (strained back muscle) pitched 1 1/3 innings in the same game.
The Associated Press