• The Athletics will move their spring training camp to Mesa starting in 2015, agreeing to a 20-year deal following approval from the Mesa City Council. The Cubs are moving out of HohoKam Park to a new facility in Mesa next spring, and the A's will assume control of HohoKam Park and Fitch Park after their lease with Phoenix expires in December 2014.
• Albert Pujols hit a pair of groundouts and struck out in his first spring training appearance of the year for the Angels in a 6-4 win over the Reds. Pujols, recovering from offseason surgery on his right knee, is about 10 days ahead of the schedule the Angels had anticipated.
• Anthony Rizzo of the Cubs homered for Team Italy in a 4-3 loss to the Athletics.
• Cole Hamels' third start of spring training looked more like batting practice for the Dominican Republic. Jose Reyes, Hanley Ramirez and the Dominican Republic put on a relentless offensive display in their first exhibition game ahead of the World Baseball Classic, amassing 28 hits in a 15-2 romp over Hamels and the Phillies. Hamels allowed eight runs on 12 hits in 2 2/3 innings. Reyes, Robinson Cano and Ramirez each homered. Ramirez and Miguel Tejada had four hits apiece for the Dominican team. Cano had three hits and three RBIs, and Edwin Encarnacion also had three hits.
• Yankees slugger Mark Teixeira has pulled out of the World Baseball Classic after injuring his right forearm swinging in the batting cage. Teixeira was set to start at first base for Team USA but was scratched from the lineup for Tuesday's exhibition game against the Chicago White Sox. Team USA said Teixeira will be sidelined eight to 10 days.
• Team USA manager Joe Torre firmed up his starting pitching for the first round of the WBC on Tuesday, slating R.A. Dickey against Mexico on Friday, Ryan Vogelsong against Italy on Saturday and Derek Holland against Canada on Sunday.