• G Mark Lyons (6-1 senior)
• G Nick Johnson (6-3 sophomore)
• F Kevin Parrom (6-6 senior)
• F Solomon Hill (6-7 senior)
• C Kaleb Tarczewski (7-0 freshman)
• G Larry Drew II (6-2 senior)
• G Jordan Adams (6-5 freshman)
• F Shabazz Muhammad (6-6 freshman)
• F Kyle Anderson (6-10 freshman)
• C Travis Wear (6-10 junior)
Sidelines Camouflage on UCLA horizon
There are few more iconic uniforms in college basketball than UCLA's, with either light blue or white as the dominant color. But that will change temporarily later this month, when the Bruins don Adidas-provided camouflage shorts and bright-colored jerseys for some postseason games.
The Bruins won't wear them today, but coach Ben Howland says they wanted to do so ASAP. He said they will debut at the Pac-12 tournament.
"Our players love them," he said. "They can't wait. … If that makes them play better, I'm all for it. The tradition and history, I get that, but you've gotta be able to step out of the box once in a while. It's about the kids."
Larry Drew II said even at UCLA, the uniforms just might catch on.
"I think it's innovative and different," Drew said. "I'm a big fan of just being different and doing anything creative and outside of everybody else's comfort zone."
Wear and tear on Bruins
Howland said Friday that center Travis Wear (foot) is probable for today's game and Shabazz Muhammad (ankle) would play.
"Travis went through our walk-through today, so I'm encouraged by that," Howland said. "Shabazz's sprain swelled up more than we anticipated. He was out there gingerly. But he will play."
Howland said Travis Wear would start in place of his brother, David, so Travis can stay active once he begins warming up.
ESPN's College GameDay crew will begin broadcasting from Pauley Pavilion at 8 a.m. on ESPNU, and the show continues on ESPN at 9 a.m. The ESPN crew of Dan Shulman and Jay Bilas will cover the Arizona-UCLA game at 7 p.m.
HOW THEY MATCH UP
• The last time: Arizona missed 12 of its first 13 shots, trailed 21-5 early and never recovered while UCLA went on to an 84-73 win over the Wildcats on Jan. 24 at McKale Center. Nick Johnson had 23 points, Grant Jerrett had 10 rebounds, and Solomon Hill had 13 points and 10 rebounds, while UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad had 23 points on 8-for-16 shooting.
• What's new with the Bruins: UCLA curiously lost 78-60 at ASU two days after the win over Arizona, then lost to USC at home. But since then the Bruins have been on a roll, winning five of their last six games including a 79-74 overtime win over ASU on Wednesday. There have been no major personnel moves, though Travis Wear (foot) sat out against ASU.
Ashley has struggled with foul trouble and defense recently, but the Wildcats need him to be effective tonight. Ashley was a rare bright spot for UA on Jan. 24 against UCLA with nine points, eight rebounds and two steals.
Larry Drew II
UCLA's senior point guard had nine assists to only two turnovers on Jan. 24 against Arizona, and that wasn't a fluke: He has a 3.46-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio and has had no more than two turnovers in 19 of 28 games.
Shabazz Muhammad's place among freshmen scorers in Division I, with an average of 18.3 points.
Regular-season losses in the Los Angeles area for Arizona against eight wins in the last 11 seasons, including 2012-13
Career games Miller will have coached after today. He enters today's game 212-87 (.709) overall and 92-40 (.697) at Arizona.
He said it
"They're getting better every week. They've played some great games and had some big lapses, which is not surprising considering their youth. The biggest difference (lately) is the improved play of Kyle Anderson. He's a playmaker and a terrific rebounder. … The thing that makes them difficult to deal with is their post guys can score inside and out."
UA associate head coach James Whitford, who scouted the Bruins
No. 11 Arizona (23-5, 11-5) at UCLA (21-7, 11-4) • 7 p.m. today • ESPN • 1290-AM, 107.5-FM