As featured on
The question was hypothetical and scary, like the boogeyman. Had Derrick Williams not played the best first half of his life Thursday against Duke - he scored 25 points and was on pace to break Ernie McCray's single-game UA scoring record of 46 - what would the halftime score have been?
The hottest sports conversation around Tucson these days is following Derrick Williams, even to the depths of the Twitterverse. Arizona's potential NBA lottery pick, should he decide to leave the Wildcats basketball team this spring after two seasons, was the subject of April Fools' rumors on Twitter that he was declaring his intentions Friday on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
- UA basketball: Wildcats to open Pac-12 season in Bay Area
- On Alaska's 6-8 export and other Arizona basketball targets
- Las Vegas recruiting: On Pastner's big task, Vanderbilt's injury and the real CP3
- Arizona basketball recruiting target DeAndre Ayton avoids Las Vegas craziness
- Ex-Wildcat Ryan Anderson signs with Belgian pro team
- Arizona training-camp positional preview: Running backs
- Arizona training-camp positional preview: Quarterbacks
- Recruiting: About that time Arizona beat out USC for two top players
- What uniform numbers will newest Wildcats wear this fall?
- Junior-college DE Josh Allen won't play for Arizona this season