As featured on
Late Saturday afternoon, when almost no one except a few hundred people in the Aztecs' gym were paying attention, Pima stunned ACCAC powerhouse Cochise College 104-91. And it wasn't a fluke.
You could write 1,000 words about the Panthers' 87-77 historic victory over Tempe High School, but Patricia Hurley's T-shirt told the story all by itself. The coach's wife wore a black T-shirt with a picture on the back of a snarling Panther, a basketball trapped between its jaws.
As Andy Lopez takes stock of his first decade as Arizona's baseball coach, I look around Kindall/Sancet Stadium and see the same place I saw in 1983 when UA baseball was almost as big as UA basketball. UA's ballpark is not much different from the one occupied by Terry Francona, who is now 52 years old.
- On Alaska's 6-8 export and other Arizona basketball targets
- Las Vegas recruiting: On Pastner's big task, Vanderbilt's injury and the real CP3
- Arizona basketball recruiting target DeAndre Ayton avoids Las Vegas craziness
- Ex-Wildcat Ryan Anderson signs with Belgian pro team
- Sacred Heart, Northern Colorado complete UA's 2016-17 schedule
- Recruiting: Arizona gets verbal commitment from 2017 junior college linebacker
- Wildcats receive commitment from Alabama high-schooler
- Recruiting: Arizona thinking ahead, making offers for...2019?
- Recruiting: 2017 Arizona target Hunter Echols decommits from UCLA
- Arizona football: D-lineman Anthony Fotu no longer with team