Ok, so the NCAA tournament had yet to field 64 teams, and it wasn't even called the "Big Dance" (to our knowledge at least). But the 1975-76 Arizona Wildcats, coached by Fred Snowden and led by all-time-great Bob Elliott, made the NCAA tournament and advanced to the round of eight by beating UNLV in its first Sweet 16 appearance. Take a peek at the team in photos (sadly, no access is available at this time to photos from the tournament game).
As featured on
- BYU names Taysom Hill starting QB for opener against Arizona
- Meet the Arizona football newcomer: Safety Isaiah Hayes
- Meet the Arizona football newcomer: OL Michael Eletise
- RichRod: Arizona QBs Solomon, Dawkins to continue splitting practice reps
- Arizona Wildcats add Australia's Matt Leo to 2017 recruiting class