Had Washington not decided to change its screen-and-roll plays earlier in the second half, or had Arizona Wildcats coach Sean Miller not thought his team needed rest, maybe the final three seconds of Saturday night's 87-86 win over the Huskies would have ended differently.

It would have been a shame.

"I've never been a part of a game like this, with the type of crowd we had and the type of team we played against," UA forward Jesse Perry said.

There was more action in the final three seconds of Saturday's game than anywhere in Tucson on Saturday, including La Fiesta de las Vaqueros.

There were two turnovers and three different possessions - and not a single basket was scored.

Had Miller not been out of timeouts, he could have drawn up a different in-bounds play or told his players to give a foul.

Then, who knows how the game would have ended?

"It came down to the last seconds," Perry said.

Here's a look at the final three:

• Three seconds left: The travel. Matthew Bryan-Amaning had torched the Wildcats for 18 of his 24 points in the second half. So it was no surprise when he caught the ball in the right post with his back to UA forward Derrick Williams and his team trailing by one.

The UA could have fouled and forced UW to pass the ball in from out of bounds.

Miller admits the Huskies were "almost anticipating it," but he told the UA not to foul under eight seconds. The odds of the Huskies being in the act of shooting - and therefore earning free throws - were too great.

As Bryan-Amaning backed toward the basket, Williams waited for his opponent's up-and-under move to the rim. But the Huskies senior lost his balance and quickly passed the ball.

He was called for a travel - his second of the game.

"He traveled before they even called it," Williams said. "He traveled twice, basically. I kinda stopped waiting for the whistle, but I guess the whistle already blew."

• 2.2 seconds left: The Incomplete Pass. If Miller had a timeout, he would have used it to draw up an in-bounds play under the UW basket.

"I wanted to throw it deep, and he wanted to set up the play," said forward Solomon Hill, the passer.

Hill decided to pass to guard MoMo Jones, who flashed toward the baseline to Hill's right about 12 feet away. Two defenders chased.

Hill's pass hit Jones' left shoe and kicked out of bounds, giving UW the ball with 2.2 seconds left.

"When you have a turnover like that," Miller said, "it's 'ah, maybe not today.' "

Hill and Miller said that with a timeout, they likely would have decided to throw deep.

"At least we got some time run off the clock," Hill said.

• 0.2 of a second left: The Block. The Huskies' Justin Holiday passed the ball in from under their own basket to Darnell Gant, who was guarded by Jamelle Horne in the right post.

The junior, who started because Aziz N'Diaye was late for the team bus, floated a right-handed shot. As the ball rose toward its peak, Williams swatted it away.

"I really can't explain it," Williams said of the block.

UW coach Lorenzo Romar said minutes after the game that he didn't know if it was goaltending.

"I can't wait to look at it on film," he said.

Miller said a goaltending whistle would have been a "real tough call to make," given the situation.

"He really went up and got it at the peak of the shot," Miller said.

Williams said he "wasn't really worried" about a goaltending call, which would have given UW the win.

"When I was going up, that was when he first released the ball," Williams said. "I timed it perfectly. Luckily, they didn't call the goaltending. I believe if we were at Washington, they might have called that."

As it was, Washington needed to lob the ensuing inbounds pass for a tip-in.

But Williams was there.

A thrilled Miller congratulated Romar on the game, and mistakenly said, "Good win."

After the final three seconds, it was easy to be discombobulated.

"What I meant to say was, 'Good game,' " Miller said, smiling.