Arizona guard Kyle Fogg (21), Arizona guard/forward Kevin Parrom (3) and Arizona forward Jesse Perry (33) defend USC guard Maurice Jones (10) in the first half during a game at the Galen Center in Los Angeles, California.

Mamta Popat/Arizona Daily Star

LOS ANGELES - The Arizona Wildcats beat USC at its own defensive game today, holding the Trojans to 29.3-percent shooting en route to a 57-46 victory at the Galen Center.

Jesse Perry led the Wildcats with 20 points on 9-for-13 shooting and collected three rebounds, while Solomon Hill had his fifth double-double of the season with 11 points and 10 rebounds.

It was only the Wildcats’ second win at the Galen Center in the past seven games here.

The win moved Arizona to 11-5 overall and 2-1 in the Pac-12. The Wildcats will face Oregon State next on Thursday at McKale Center.

USC dropped to 5-12 and 0-4.

The Trojans cut it to 10 points, 47-37 with 8:41 left but Jordin Mayes drove inside for a layup that gave UA a 49-37 lead during a timeout with 7:47 left. But USC cut it no further the rest of the way.

USC missed its first 11 three-pointers, finally getting one from long range when Maurice Jones from the top of the key with 10:50 left.

In the first half, the Wildcats held USC to 20.7-percent field goal shooting while taking a 32-16 halftime lead.

Jesse Perry had eight points and two rebounds for the Wildcats, while teammate Solomon Hill had seven points and three rebounds.

The Wildcats missed the first eight three-pointers they tried, but Kyle Fogg hit their first with 28 seconds left. But USC had even more trouble from the field, making just 6 of 29 shots and missing all seven three-pointers it took.

Arizona had a 28-12 lead with 3:12 left in the first half after Byron Wesley hit a 19-footer to cut it to 28-12.

Kyryl Natyazhko had put the Wildcats at 28, drawing a loud cheer from the 1,000 or so UA fans in the Galen Center.

Earlier in the half, Nick Johnson scored to give UA a 19-8 lead with 8:41 left in the first half.

The Trojans were 1 for 11 from the field through the first eight minutes before Dewayne Dedmon scored inside and picked up a foul. Wildcats lead USC 12-5.

USC did not score for over the first four minutes, before Jones hit a 15-footer with 15:54 left.

At the beginning, USC couldn’t even hardly get a shot off, much less make one. The Trojans had three turnovers in the first three minutes, prompting coach Kevin O’Neill to call a timeout with 17:18 left.