PHILADELPHIA - LeBron James scored 27 points, and the Miami Heat became the fourth team to win at least 20 consecutive games in a season, rallying to beat Philadelphia 98-94 on Wednesday night.
Dwyane Wade added 21 as the Heat needed big baskets over the final two minutes to top the Sixers for the milestone win.
"Twenty is special," Wade said. "Win 20 games in a row, it's awesome. You can't get around it. We're going to try to go for the next one."
The other three teams to win at least 20 consecutive games in the same season: the 1971-72 L.A. Lakers (33), the 2007-08 Houston Rockets (22) and the 1970-71 Milwaukee Bucks (20). The Washington Capitols also won 20 straight, spanning the end of the 1947-48 season and the start of the 1948-49 season.
• Rockets 111, Suns 81: In Houston, Donatas Motiejunas scored a career-high 19 points to lead five Houston starters in double figures.
James Harden scored 18, and Omer Asik had 14 for the Rockets, who stayed in the No. 7 spot in the Western Conference standings.
Wesley Johnson scored 10 of his 15 points in the first quarter for the Suns.
• Hawks 96, Lakers 92: In Atlanta, Devin Harris scored 17 points for Atlanta, and the Lakers' Kobe Bryant severely sprained his left ankle and might miss significant time.
• Kings 121, Bulls 79: In Sacramento, Calif., Tyreke Evans had 26 points and seven assists in Sacramento's most lopsided victory of the season.
• Nuggets 117, Knicks 94: In Denver, Carmelo Anthony's return to the Pepsi Center was a flop Wednesday night when Wilson Chandler scored 24 points and Denver blew out New York.
• Grizzlies 96, Clippers 85: In Los Angeles, Marc Gasol scored 21 points, and Memphis earned its 14th victory in 15 games.
• Warriors 105, Pistons 97: In Oakland, Calif., Stephen Curry had 31 points and eight assists, and David Lee added 20 points and 15 rebounds.
• Thunder, 110, Jazz 87: In Oklahoma City, Kevin Durant scored 23 points, and Russell Westbrook added 19.
• Celtics 112, Raptors 88: In Boston, Kevin Garnett scored 12 points, passing Jerry West for 15th on the NBA's career scoring list, and Jeff Green scored 20.
• Pacers 107, Timberwolves 91: In Indianapolis, Roy Hibbert had a season-high 27 points and added 12 rebounds.
• Wizards 106, Bucks 93: In Washington, John Wall had 23 points and 10 assists for Washington.