LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant had 24 points and nine assists, Pau Gasol added 19 points, and Los Angeles stayed in the final playoff position in the West with an 86-84 victory over Memphis.
Dwight Howard hit a free throw with 4.1 seconds left for the Lakers, who have won three straight. Los Angeles avoided being swept in its season series with the Grizzlies.
Memphis' Mike Conley missed a potential go-ahead jumper with five seconds left.
Dwight Howard had nine points and 10 rebounds for the Lakers.
• Knicks 101, Bucks 83: In New York, Carmelo Anthony scored 41 points, tying a franchise record with this third straight 40-point game, and New York earned its 11th straight victory.
Anthony, who had 50 points and 40 in his previous two games, equaled Bernard King's 1984-85 mark.
• Jazz 95, Hornets 83: In Salt Lake City, Gordon Hayward scored 23 points, and Utah remained a half game behind the Lakers for the final playoff spot in the West.
• Mavericks 117, Kings 108: In Sacramento, Calif., Shawn Marion had 25 points and 12 rebounds, and Dallas remained three games behind the Lakers in the chase for the final playoff spot in the West.
• Warriors 111, Suns 107: In Phoenix, Stephen Curry scored 18 points and matched his career high with 15 assists, sinking two late free throws to seal the Suns' eighth straight loss.
• Thunder 97, Pacers 75: In Indianapolis, Kevin Durant overcame a bruised left calf to score 34 points, and Oklahoma City moved into a tie with San Antonio for the top seed in the West.
• Heat 89, Bobcats 79: In Charlotte, N.C., Mike Miller scored a season-high 26 points on seven three-pointers, and Miami beat Charlotte.
• Rockets 116, Trail Blazers 98: In Portland, Ore., James Harden had 33 points, and short-handed Houston remained in seventh place in the Western Conference - three games in front of the Lakers.
• Cavaliers 97, Celtics 91: In Boston, Tristan Thompson had career highs with 29 points and 17 rebounds, and Cleveland ended a 10-game losing streak.
• Raptors 95, Timberwolves 93: In Minneapolis, Rudy Gay had 26 points and five rebounds, DeMar DeRozan had 25 points and Kyle Lowry added 11 points and seven assists.
• Bulls 87, Magic 86: In Chicago, Nate Robinson scored 12 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter, and Luol Deng finished with 19 after a slow start.
• 76ers 101, Hawks 90: In Atlanta, Evan Turner had 24 points and 11 rebounds, and Philadelphia scored 40 points in the first quarter.