My preseason Pac-10 poll won't run until Thursday, but I figured I'd give my blog readers a head start to send hate mail. (Again, that's email@example.com)
Anyway, here it is. Let me know what I got right — and what you'd change.
RYAN FINLEY’S PRESEASON PAC-10 POLL
1. USC. So what if the Trojans can’t play in the postseason? They have the talent, experience and motivation to finish at the top of the standings. Again.
2. Oregon State. Who needs an experienced quarterback when you’ve got ‘fly sweep’ plays and the Rodgers brothers? Beavers are for real.
3. Arizona. The Wildcats play a winnable schedule and are deep at nearly every position except linebacker. Conference-wide respect will have to come later.
4. Oregon. Coach Chip Kelly did the right thing — but cost his team a shot at another Rose Bowl — when he dismissed QB Jeremiah Masoli from the team.
5. Cal. Golden Bears always entice but rarely deliver. This time, I’ll take a pass.
6. Washington. QB Jake Locker is a preseason Heisman Trophy candidate, but the Huskies have a long way to go.
7. Stanford. Coach Jim Harbaugh must reinvent the Cardinal offense with running back Toby Gerhart gone.
8. UCLA. Bruins can emerge from USC’s long shadow while the Trojans pay their NCAA penance. But they won’t.
9. Arizona State. Say what you want about his attitude, but LB Vontaze Burfict just might be the Pac-10’s most perfect player.
10. Washington State. Cougs are likable, but — like all nice guys — finish last.