TRAINING CAMP INSIDER
Day 13 at Rincon Vista
• Highlights: Arizona's second-to-last practice of camp was spirited and physical despite severe heat and humidity. Gino Crump continues to be the team's best wide receiver in practice - he grabbed another two touchdowns in 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills. Austin Hill made a headlong grab for a touchdown. Cornerback Trevin Wade deflected a Nick Foles pass, denying Crump of another big grab, and safety Lyle Brown intercepted Foles following a deflection. Freshman defensive end Reggie Gilbert had another impressive workout - he sacked Foles on a broken play and continues to harass the Cats' offensive line. Coach Mike Stoops said he's been impressed with Gilbert, cornerback Cortez Johnson and offensive tackle Lene Maiava - all freshmen - and praised redshirt freshman Fabbians Ebbele for putting together a solid camp. Ebbele projects as the team's starting right tackle.
• Weather: 96 degrees and sticky.
• Injury report: Defensive tackle Sione Tuihalamaka exited practice during position drills and did not return; his injury did not appear to be serious. Wide receiver Dan Buckner, running back Keola Antolin and defensive end Mohammed Usman were held out for precautionary reasons. Fellow QB Bryson Beirne and nickel back Jourdon Grandon are out indefinitely with knee sprains. Safety Adam Hall, linebacker Jake Fischer, running back Greg Nwoko and defensive tackle Willie Mobley are all recovering from offseason knee surgeries.
• Up next: The Wildcats will hold a closed practice Friday morning on campus. The annual "meet-the-team" night is Saturday at 6.
• The big number: 16. Days until Arizona's Sept. 3 season opener against Northern Arizona.