Arizona Wildcats have been vindicated — for now.
The Chicago Bears' selection of former UA running back Ka'Deem Carey in the fourth round of the NFL draft is getting quite a bit of love.
Most national analysts believe the NFC North team found a diamond in the rough in Carey.
Here is some reaction:
• The ESPN.com staff named a sleeper pick for each team. The web site said Carey is that guy for the Bears. Michael C. Wright wrote "Chicago landed what might be a steal in the fourth round, using the 117th overall pick to select Carey, regarded by some as the best running back in the draft."
• Elliot Harrison of NFL.com did a piece on picks he liked most in the draft. Carey's selection to the Bears is listed under the "other picks I liked" category. Harrison believes it was a smart move to find Forte a backup.
Here's a look at some Twitter reaction:
I like the #Bears grabbing Ka'Deem Carey here. Tough kid. Was the only RB in college football who was superb in EVERY game last year.— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) May 10, 2014
I liked RB Ka'Deem Carey before. Even more now that he's dropped. Great motivation. As good as anyone taken ahead of him, better than most.— Kent Somers (@kentsomers) May 10, 2014
I'm voting Ka'Deem Carey & David Yankey to my "All-Chip-on-Shoulder-Team," soon to be "All-Pro-I-Told-You-So-Team." #undervalued— ESPN Pac-12 (@ESPN_Pac12blog) May 10, 2014
Ka'Deem Carey tell us #Bears reporters that he's 'honnn-gry.' Which is more than hungry.— Patrick Finley (@patrickfinley) May 10, 2014
Nice! Another Arizona Wildcat in the locker room! Congrats Ka'deem Carey! Welcome to Chi-Town #beardown 2x's— Fendi Onobun (@TheFirst_48) May 10, 2014
Carey obviously wasn't the only former UA player taken in the draft. Here's a quick look at the coverage of cornerback Shaq Richardson and linebacker Marquis Flowers being taken.
• Greg A. Bedard of The Monday Morning Quarterback.com didn't like the Richardson pick. He wrote: "Richardson is a project at best, and a big-time reach in this spot."
• The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review wrote that Richardson will provide needed depth to the secondary.
• Cincinnati.com provided a look at Flowers. Matt Burke, Cincinnati's linebackers coach said the team was happy to nab Flowers: "He's an athletic kid, kind of unheralded, but that's good for us. It worked out."
• One more Carey link: UA running backs coach Calvin Magee did a Q&A with Chicago Tribune writer Rich Campbell on Carey.