As he does nearly every Monday throughout the season, UA coach Rich Rodriguez will meet with reporters today at 1:30 p.m., for his weekly news conference.
The UA had the weekend off—again—after a 38-31 loss to USC on Thursday. The Wildcats finally return home to Arizona Stadium this weekend to host Utah on Saturday. It's Arizona's first home game since its win over UTSA on Sept. 14.
Here are a few links to get you ready for the week ahead.
• First, we wrote today about B.J. Denker's game on Thursday and how he's hoping to build off of it for the rest of the season. There's also a note in there about Jake Fischer's health, Ka'Deem Carey's stats and a couple recruits who will be in town for the Utah game.
• The guys over at the ESPN Pac-12 blog re-ranked their top 10 players in the conference after ranking the top 25 in the offseason. In the updated list, UA running back Ka'Deem Carey checks in at No. 8, one spot behind UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley and one spot ahead of Washington signal-caller Keith Price. Carey is the only UA player on the list. Carey was No. 6 in the preseason rankings.
• The ESPN blog also released its weekly power rankings for the league. Arizona checks in at No. 10, ahead of just Colorado and Cal.
• Athlon Sports also put out its power rankings for the Pac-12 as it does every Monday. Arizona is one spot higher at No. 9, ahead of Washington State, Colorado and Cal. The Wildcats still play all three of those teams this season.
• For the fourth week in a row, Jerry Palm over at CBSsports.com is still projecting Arizona to play in the Las Vegas Bowl on Dec. 21 against Utah State. The Wildcats need three more wins to become bowl eligible.
• For a look at this week's opponent, check out this Salt Lake City Tribune story on how Utah pulled off its upset of Stanford on Saturday. It includes a look at a Thursday meeting that coach Kyle Whittingham called with his team.
• CBS Sports ranks all 126 FBS teams every week. Arizona checks in at No. 44 this week, down nine spots after its loss to USC.
• As we mentioned in a notebook in Friday's Star, Rich Rodriguez's interview with Seth Davis will air today at 10:30 a.m., on www.campusinsders.com/live. The two tackle several subjects, including the violations Rodriguez was hit with at Michigan and how close he became to becoming the Alabama coach.