When the Arizona Wildcats beat Cal earlier this month to move to 6-2, it looked like a bowl game was a certainty.
The UA will still likely go bowling, but it's certainly not a done deal anymore.
After two straight losses, Arizona is 6-4 with games left against Oregon at Arizona State. The Pac-12 could finish with as many as 10 teams eligible for a bowl if the UA finishes at 6-6, the Wildcats could be left out of the bowl picture.
At the moment, most bowl prognosticators still have the UA included in the postseason picture, but in non Pac-12 affiliated bowls:
• The latest ESPN bowl projections have Arizona playing on New Years Day in Dallas in the Heart of Dallas Bowl against a Conference USA team.
In other links this morning:
• In our notebook, we wrote about the issues Arizona is having on third downs on both sides of the ball and five-star cornerback Jalen Tabor, who visited Tucson this week.
• The Wildcats moved down behind Washington State in the latest ESPN Pac-12 power rankings.
• The Athlon Sports power rankings still have Arizona a spot ahead of Washington State, despite the loss to the Cougars, which seems curious to us.
• The Oregonian, in its sneak peek at the UA, doesn't think much of the Wildcats and thinks the Ducks will roll in Tucson next weekend.