B.J. Denker is four days away from his biggest challenge of the 2013 season.
UCLA and its fast, athletic, strong and physical defense will roll into town looking to make life miserable for the UA's senior signal-caller. Timing and trust will be two major keys to Denker's success against the Bruins.
We wrote about that in today's Star, along with an update on injuries and some Nick Foles chatter.
Some other links of interest on this Tuesday morning:
• The great Greg Hansen wrote today about the Late Night with Larry Scott era where Pac-12 schools see their gametimes determined by the conference commissioner and not the athletic directors. Hansen wonders how the 8 p.m., start time this week against UCLA will affect the number of fans that show up to Arizona Stadium for the biggest game of the season to date.
• In some developing news this morning, it sounds like Texas has hired ASU athletic director Steve Patterson to the same role. He will reportedly make more than $1 million per year.
• In the latest ESPN.com bowl projections, Mark Schlabach has Arizona headed to the Las Vegas Bowl, while BCS expert Brad Edwards thinks the Wildcats will be heading to the Bay Area.
• Athlon Sports also thinks Arizona is headed to the Bay Area for the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, which is becoming an increasing trend among bowl projections.
• In its latest Pac-12 power rankings, Athlon has Arizona at No. 8, a spot behind Oregon State and one spot ahead of Utah.
• The folks at the ESPN Pac-12 blog have Arizona ranked a bit higher than the Athlon rankings.
• If you're looking for some UCLA coverage, here's a Los Angeles Times story on former Arizona recruiting target Devin Fuller and the impact he's had in the receiving game. Arizona recruited Fuller as a quarterback.