The Wildcats come up short in dropping a 73-69 home game to in-state rivals Arizona State.
As featured on
ASU’s Ty Abbott took the next laugh in the heated intrastate rivalry with Arizona, scoring 28 points to lead the Sun Devils to a 73-69 win today at McKalc Center.
The series that used to be a dream is now a scream. ASU has won six of its last seven games against Arizona, and three straight at McKale Center, and no matter how much you want to deny it, the Sun Devils have become a bully, the most imposing team on Arizona's schedule.
It's all out the window now. The Pac-10 title race, the slim hope of a 26th straight NCAA title berth, the momentum and swagger of late January, all appeared to become memories Sunday when Arizona lost 73-69 to ASU at McKale Center.
- Arizona-Irvine postgame: On fouls, fatigue and the zone
- Arizona basketball: Trier out for UC Irvine game
- Arizona-Irvine pregame: Slow starts hurting Wildcats
- NCAA now permitting Arizona Wildcats standout Allonzo Trier to travel
- Arizona-Gonzaga postgame: On PJC's domino effect and why Karnowski wasn't doubled
- Recruiting: 4-star commit Nathan Tilford will visit Arizona Wildcats this weekend
- Arizona Wildcats QB Khalil Tate will know what to expect next time
- It's official: CB coach Donté Williams leaves Arizona Wildcats to join Nebraska staff
- Recruiting: Arizona still after 4-star cornerbacks Thomas Graham, Jaylon Redd
- Four-star athlete Greg Johnson decommits from Arizona Wildcats