Last week's results
• Stanford 54, Arizona 48 OT
• USC 38, Utah 28
• Oregon St. 19, Washington St. 6
• California 43, UCLA 17
• Oregon 52, Washington 21
This week's games
• Arizona State at Colorado, 6 p.m. (ESPN)
• Utah at UCLA, noon (Ch 11)
• Oregon State at BYU, 12:30 p.m. (ABC)
• Stanford at Notre Dame, 12:30 p.m. (NBC)
• USC at Washington, 4 p.m. (Ch 11)
• California at Washington St., 7:30 p.m. (Pac-12 Arizona)
Pac-12 Power Rankings
1. USC (4-1, 2-1) - QB Matt Barkley was strong against Utah and is four TD passes shy of Pac-12 career record held by Matt Leinart.
2. Arizona State (4-1, 2-0)
3. Arizona (3-3, 0-3) - Matt Scott is first in the league in total offense (389.3 yards per game) and passing average per game (352.3).
4. UCLA (4-2, 1-2) - Despite a loss at Cal, RB Johnathan Franklin rushed for 102 yards, and UCLA is second-best in the conference in rushing yards per game at 224.3.
5. Utah (2-3, 0-2) - The Utes lead the country with 13 forced fumbles and thrive on creating turnovers.
6. Colorado (1-4, 1-1)
1. Oregon (6-0, 3-0) - The Ducks have scored 152 points this season - 64 points more than the next-best (Stanford) in the conference.
2. Oregon State (4-0, 3-0) - OSU is ranked in the top 10 in the AP poll for the first time since August of 2001.
3. Stanford (4-1, 2-1)
4. Washington (3-2, 1-1) - Coach Steve Sarkisian said QB Keith Price needs to start "playing football and not working football."
5. Cal (2-4, 1-2)
6. Washington State (2-4, 0-3) - Cougars gave up 19 points against Oregon State, the fewest they have allowed this season, and still lost by 13.
Five facts, takeaways, opinions and hunches from Tuesday's conference call.
1. Stanford coach David Shaw loves Arizona quarterback Matt Scott. A lot. After seeing Scott throw for 491 yards against his team, Shaw had this to say Tuesday: "He was in a zone unlike many other quarterbacks I've seen. It was a thing of beauty for a football fan. When you talk about about the national conversation for best quarterbacks, he's in it."
2. Most of us know how good USC receivers Marqise Lee and Robert Woods are. Utah coach Kyle Whittingham now knows, too. After seeing the duo combine for 18 catches, 261 yards and two touchdowns against his Utes, Whittingham said: "Those two are definitely as advertised. They were great."
3. USC coach Lane Kiffin and Sarkisian are still really good friends and remain that way during the season. Kiffin said the two coaches, who face off this weekend, share a lot of information about other teams and stadiums around the country. It does dial down a bit when they are getting ready to play each other.
4. Washington cornerback Desmond Trufant is having a heck of a senior season. Sarkisian said he "couldn't be more pleased with what he's doing." The coach said NFL scouts are impressed with Trufant and said he'll be one of the top corners taken in the 2013 NFL draft.
5. A former Wildcat could be kicking for the Sun Devils on Thursday. Jon Mora, who was a walk-on for Arizona in 2010, is now with Arizona State and has been getting first-team repetitions in practice. Alex Garoutte, the previous starter, is 6 for 10 on field goal attempts this season and missed three in ASU's last game. Mora also played a year at Pima Community College.
The big number
The Pac-12 has five receivers who rank in the top 20 nationally in receiving yards per game: Marqise Lee, USC; Markus Wheaton, Oregon State; Brandin Cooks, Oregon State; Austin Hill, Arizona; and Keenan Allen, Cal.
World according to Mike Leach
The Washington State head coach raised eyebrows when asked if he felt Oregon was in the conversation for best team in the country.
"I think Oregon is a good team, no question. They are very well coached. I don't know if they are as physical as the other teams in that conversation."
The Pac-12 Pundit will answer your questions all week long. Track him down on Twitter at @patrickfinley or at azstarnet.com/pac12pundit
Dear Pundit, What in the world was ESPN thinking when it picked Colorado-ASU as a Thursday night game? - Alex
A: Who doesn't like spending a Thursday night in Boulder, Colo., in the fall? As for the actual matchup, it's hard to know why it was selected in the preseason. The Sun Devils were picked to finish fifth in the Pac-12 South, and the Buffs were picked last in the preseason media poll.
Dear Pundit, The Pac-12 seems to have a shortage of reliable kickers this season. Which team has the best shot at winning a game on a clutch field goal this season? - Scott
A: The Pac-12 kicking game has been brutal this year. Every kicker with at least five field goal attempts has missed at least two this season. The team with the best chance of winning on a kick right now might be Washington State. Andrew Furney is 9 for 11 this season and has a long of 60 yards, the best in the league.