The first day of this football season should be like the first day of class: Arrive early to figure out where you're going.
Construction - on Arizona Stadium, a modern streetcar and nearby streets - has complicated fans' pregame rituals for Saturday's Arizona Wildcats football season opener against Toledo.
"They key thing is to allow for greater time, because it's different," said Suzy Mason, the UA's senior associate athletic director for operations.
Here's a look at game-day changes:
• Things have moved. The game-day ticket office has moved to McKale Center and is open five hours before kickoff.
The Fan Fiesta is now on the University Mall west of Cherry Avenue.
Like last year, the "Wildcat Walk"- the parade of players from the team bus to the stadium - will begin at Cherry Avenue and East University Boulevard. The short route will head south and end at East Fourth Street.
Fans are encouraged to line either side of Cherry only between University and Fourth.
• Parking is the same. Getting there is different. Expect delays, as the intersection of East 22nd Street and Kino Parkway, a main southern route to UA, will be under construction.
There will be no vehicle access on Vine Avenue to west stadium lots; instead, lot access will be from East Sixth Street onto Stadium Way, east of Highland Avenue.
Fans parking in north and west lots can take pregame-only golf-cart shuttles to the stadium. The free carts start four hours before kickoff and drop off at the north and west sides of the stadium.
• Stadium entry will be altered. The entry gate at Enke Drive and Cherry Avenue is closed, as are Gates 2 (northeast entrance), 7 (southeast) and 19 (northwest).
Fans should use Gates 1 and 8 all year long.
Coming from tailgating areas on the Mall, fans should walk west on East Fourth Street to Vine Avenue to get into the stadium's west side.
Fans with west stadium seating can reach Gates 12-18 by walking south on Vine, though Gate 18 is expected to be busy.
Scholarship Suite and Loge entrances are the same as last year.
• What about wheelchair seating? Fans in wheelchair seating in Sections 11-13 in the south end zone should enter at Gate 9, near the ramp.
Fans in wheelchair seating in east Sections 2-6 should enter at Gate 1, Gate 8, or the east elevator.
From the Cherry Garage, and north and east lots, fans should proceed to Gate 9 .
• The shuttle changed, too. Sun Tran shuttles have only one pickup location this year.
Fans will be picked up from Hi Corbett Field, in Reid Park south of El Con Mall. Shuttles will begin running two hours before the game. Fans will be dropped off and picked up at Arizona Stadium's East Sixth Street entrance.
Return shuttles will run from the start of the fourth quarter until about 45 minutes after the game.
The shuttle is $3, with half-price discounts available for seniors and others. Children under 5 ride free.
Star reporter Kimberly Matas contributed.
Contact reporter Patrick Finley at 573-4145 or at email@example.com
On StarNet: Follow the Wildcats' football team all season by reading Ryan Finley's blog at azstarnet.com/finley