PHOENIX - Stacy Lewis won the LPGA Founders Cup on Sunday to jump to No. 1 in the world, taking advantage of Ai Miyazato's collapse on the 16th hole.
A day after Lewis was penalized two strokes for her caddie's blunder on the short par 4, the American took a two-stroke lead with a birdie on the hole after Miyazato made a double bogey following an errant approach shot that left her with an unplayable lie in a desert bush.
Coming off a victory two weeks ago in Singapore, Lewis, 28, won for the seventh time in her LPGA Tour career to end Yani Tseng's 109-week run at No. 1.
Lewis closed with an 8-under 64 in perfect conditions at Desert Ridge to finish with a tournament-record 23-under 265 on the cactus-lined Wildfire layout.
Miyazato finished second, three strokes back after a 71.
Former Arizona Wildcats standout Ted Purdy won the Mexican Open on Sunday in Mexico City.
Purdy, who is a member of the UA's Sports Hall of Fame, shot a 2-under 70 in Sunday's final round to finish 7 under and win by one stroke over David Vanegas of Colombia. Purdy had two birdies, two bogeys and an eagle.
The tournament was the first of the season on the PGA Tour's Latinoamerica circuit.
PALM HARBOR, Fla. - Kevin Streelman finally won on the PGA Tour with a game that looked as if he had done this many times before.
Streelman was bogey-free over the final 37 holes on the tough Copperhead course at Innisbrook. He didn't miss a shot over the last 11 holes on his way to a 4-under 67 for a two-shot win in the Tampa Bay Championship.
Boo Weekley had a tournament-best 63 and finished second, two strokes back.
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. - David Frost won the Toshiba Classic on Sunday, shooting a 65 to defeat Fred Couples by five strokes and tie the tournament record of 19-under 194 set by Jay Haas in 2007.
• Feb. 17, Crooked Tree, No. 13, 158 yards, 8-iron. Witnesses: Greg Baldwin, Laura Baldwin, Mike Bowlden.
• March 16, Starr Pass, No. 8 (Rattler Course), 156 yards. Witnesses: Kathy Campbell, Dave Burton, Jesse Hunt.
• March 16, Starr Pass, No. 5, 150 yards, 6-Rescue. Witnesses: John Huxley, Chris Ansley.
• March 12, Mountain View Golf Club, No. 17, 140 yards, 5-iron. Witnesses: Linda Dewitt, Kim Seales, Gail Overstreet.
• March 13, Dorado, No. 13, 128 yards, 9-iron. Witnesses: Melvin Beeman, Bob Mitchell, Dave Pollock.
• March 10, Dell Urich, No. 11, 188 yards, 4-iron. Witnesses: Dave O'Hern, Chuck Northrup, Doug Miller.
• March 15, Vistoso, No. 13, 150 yards, 6-iron. Witnesses: John Corrado, Bill Robinson, Stan Killinger.
• March 15, Starr Pass, No. 7, 141 yards, 8-iron. Witnesses: Doug Fitzpatrick, Nancy Fitzpatrick.
• Feb. 14, El Rio, No. 13, 117 yards, PW. Witness: Matthew Serrano.