Round 3 and Quarterfinals results
• Robert Garrigus (No. 36 seed) def. Fredrik Jacobson (45) 3 and 1. Jacobson won Nos. 11, 12 and 13 to pull even, but Garrigus responded. The American won three of the last four holes, closing it out on the 17th.
• Matt Kuchar (21) def. Nicolas Colsaerts (37) 4 and 3. Kuchar won three of the first four holes and closed out Colsaerts with a par putt on No. 15th.
• Jason Day (41) def. Bubba Watson (8) 4 and 3. The Australian won three of the last four holes to beat the defending Masters champ. Day never trailed and was all-square for just one hole.
• Graeme McDowell (17) def. Shane Lowry (64) 3 and 2: After losing the second hole, McDowell won the next two to take a lead and never looked back. He iced the match with a par on No. 16.
• Ian Poulter (11) def. Tim Clark (59) 5 and 3: Poulter never trailed on his way to the quarterfinals, taking his first lead after winning the third hole. Clark struggled, shooting four bogeys.
• Hunter Mahan (23) def. Martin Kaymer (26) 5 and 4: The defending champion led by at least two shots from the fifth hole on, and finished with seven birdies in his round. Kaymer had two birdies.
• Steve Stricker (14) def. Scott Piercy (35) 1 up: Stricker birdied the final two holes for the win. After teeing off on No. 10, Stricker birdied No. 8 to tie the match and then hit a 31-foot putt on No. 9 to win the match. He had eight birdies.
• Webb Simpson (15) def. Gonzalo Fernandez-Castaño (31) 2 up: The 2012 U.S. Open champion led from the start, picking up birdies on his first three holes. Fernandez-Castaño could have tied Simpson on 18 but he bogeyed.
• Matt Kuchar (21) def. Robert Garrigus (36) 3 and 2: Kuchar avoided the 18th hole for the fourth time in as many rounds, closing Garrigus out on No. 16. Garrigus trailed for the first time all week when Kuchar won on No. 1.
• Jason Day (41) def. Graeme McDowell (17) 1 up: After losing the 16th to McDowell, Day rebounded by winning No. 17 and taking a one-shot lead into No. 18. Both players shot pars on the final hole, giving Day the win.
• Hunter Mahan (23) def. Webb Simpson (15) 1 up: Neither player led by more than 1 up; Mahan grabbed the final lead of the match when Simpson bogeyed No. 16. Mahan was bogey-free and had five birdies to his credit.
• Ian Poulter (11) def. Steve Stricker (14) 3 and 2: Poulter lost the first hole but won the next two and never trailed again. His back-to-back birdies on Nos. 11 and 12 put the match away.